Sign in to follow this  

Team Ty Davis Husky Puts 2 in Top 10

Possibly more, they don't have names next to all the numbers and I'm not sure who else on Ty's team was there and what numbers they were running, but for sure two of Ty's team got top 10 in Round 3 of the National Hare and Hound.

Nick Burson got 5th place, and Gary Sutherlin got 7th place. This would have been a tough race as all the H&H pro's (Destry Abbott, Dave Pearson, Russ Pearson, David Kamo) ran good races (they finished in the above order actually). I don't know how close to them Nick or Gary was, but apparently there was a lot of position trading all race long.

Should be a video on promoto.tv in a few days, hope they got some Husky action! :)

tough race very very fast L1 (not me ) L2 was a tough one, loose and lots of sand as well,,,oh and the canyons filled with bowling balls,,,,and oh yea steep loose down hills,, just a real warrior L2,,, I took a few breaks in some sections,,but the Husky brought me home,,,tentative OA 200 for me. Waiting for official results.

The husky guys were a few minutes behind the top 3/4 at the and of A loop. Seems like the top 3 guys our on a level of their own. I swept B loop and yeah it was REAL tough and the rocky hill climbs & decents were really hairy. On a toughness level the b loop was a 9+ from my 25 years of desert riding/racing. Its truly incredible the fitness you have to be in to compete in terrain like that after racing for 60mi prior to hitting the B loop.

tough race very very fast L1 (not me ) L2 was a tough one, loose and lots of sand as well,,,oh and the canyons filled with bowling balls,,,,and oh yea steep loose down hills,, just a real warrior L2,,, I took a few breaks in some sections,,but the Husky brought me home,,,tentative OA 200 for me. Waiting for official results.

Robert if you use the complet race less the novice class which only did loop 1

you got like 70 over all i got 65 over all and Matt at 33 over all

unofficial What i do know is both of the Husky 125 that entered the race finished and made every hill no problem Also i did not see any Husky on the DNF list so far

The husky guys were a few minutes behind the top 3/4 at the and of A loop. Seems like the top 3 guys our on a level of their own. I swept B loop and yeah it was REAL tough and the rocky hill climbs & decents were really hairy. On a toughness level the b loop was a 9+ from my 25 years of desert riding/racing. Its truly incredible the fitness you have to be in to compete in terrain like that after racing for 60mi prior to hitting the B loop.

Thank you for working loop 2 i had a total blast loved every inch of loop 2

The feeling you get making all the up and down hills along with the rock gardens as a old man on a 125 is priceless I will be back next year

What class and division do you race?

I am a Sen B or Sen AM dez second row starter

Hats off to the Ajax clan ya gotta love that CR125 pinned dez racing magic!!!

note we may climb up at least 1 spot,, the fast one of our crew may have missed a check.......and inadvertantly joined the trail at the top of the mountain and missed that very long downhill on the west side where people lined the ridge across from the wash at the bottom,,he is completely bummed.

PS my one moment of glory was that I passed a guy on that downhill about 1/2 way down on the left then dropped into the wash and got all sloppy in the sand and came close to going from hero to zero!!

Nice - that course looked fun! Lots of good Husky action there. :)