klx110 engine in kx65 frame

Would the mods to put the 110 motor in the 65 frame be easier than cutting the swingarm, etc to fabricate the rear suspension from the 110 to the 65. One of my friends suggested that because the 110 uses the motor itself as bracing instead of having a frame on the bottom of the motor that even with beefed up suspension that you can damage the motor with hard landings. By doing the engine swap I could have all the benefits of the 65 suspension including front and rear disc brakes plus a lot stronger frame. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The 110 engine is aLOT bigger, and heavier. Cutting tubing out of the KX65 frame and carrying the bigger engine, would likely result in a broken bike. Maybe the engine, frame, or both if track riding -jumps/whoops.

The competitive pit bike racers use stock type frames that are beefed-up or completely new frames engineered for racing abuse.

The KX frame is strong, as-is. The mods to fit the big engine would change the frame shape/design enough that it would nearly impossible to still have a lightweight and strong chassis.

Not sayin' it couldn't be done.

It would be a bad deal, to do all that work and have the resulting machine fall apart in the heat of battle.

Do you already have the parts and peices, or just brainstorming? Alot of people are modding the 65 for playriding. Seems like I heard it has almost double the HP of the stock 110...........

My son has an 09 110 and I just bought him an 06 65. I can buy an 03 65 for $500. I'm just trying to weigh out options for beefing up the suspension because when he gets done with the small 4 stroke class we will keep the bike as a pit bike. I'm wandering if buying the extra 65 for the swingarm and suspension is cheaper than the other options. Thanks for your reply.