Sign in to follow this  

sx150 vs crf250r

I'm 5'5 117lbs and I'm looking 2 upgrade from a kx100. I wanna fast bike but one that will b cheaper in the long run. so if someone could please tell me how the sx 150 compares to the crf250r and which would best be sueted for my height and weight.

Seriously I have both an 08 144sx and 08crf250 I can say I'm much faster on the ktm. I rode back to back moto's one on the 144 and one on the crf250. I got a top 5 start Both motos and basically ran the same race with very few mistakes. On the 144 I placed 6th and on the crf250 I placed 11th.

You're going to get ALOT of different imput on this, but here's what I think.

I have a decent amt of seat time on CRF250Rs (2006, 2007, 2008) and I own a 144SX (pretty much the same thing as a 150SX) and IMO the 144 is faster but the power delivery is like, nuts. it's like gutless, and bam, touch the clutch and you can't hold onto it. Fun for me but not for everyone, lol...getting on a 4 stroke after having so much time on my 144 is pretty weird, you just don't feel like your getting anywhere no matter how hard you twist the throttle and it takes ages to get up to speed.

Maintence? the CRF250 (a properly maintained one) won't give you problems, but 144's and 150's are incredibly prone to cylinder problems and i've heard horror stories of the piston shattering and all that good stuff. it's kind of luck of the draw, sometimes people go for 50 hrs without problems and some drop the top end in a few hours. I think it depends on the rider and how agressive they are. apperently for 09 KTM fixed the cylinder but I think they still have problems.

Also i'm 5'3-5'4 and 115 lbs.

kiwi is your bike really big on you? im like 5'3 or 5'4 and my 150rb could be any bigger without me not touching. im like on the ball of my foot. i was thinking my next bike would be a yz 125/sx125 for woods riding for when i grow but if your on that bike at the same size as me, it must be really big

I think either way would be a choice because they both seem like awesome bikes. I have a kx100 too and personally I would get either one it doesn't really matter too much it is just preference. I have rode my dad's 250f and they are really fun but I haven't rode a 125 or 150. But, with a 2 stroke right now i would go with the 150 or 144sx.:) That is just my opinion:thumbsup:

GOOD LUCK:banana: :banghead: :banghead: :foul::p:busted::crazy::lol: :lol: :lol:

kiwi is your bike really big on you? im like 5'3 or 5'4 and my 150rb could be any bigger without me not touching. im like on the ball of my foot. i was thinking my next bike would be a yz 125/sx125 for woods riding for when i grow but if your on that bike at the same size as me, it must be really big

it's all mental. I'm used to bigger bikes, because I never really rode a mini per say, even when I did have my 150F I was still riding my boyfriend's 250f and my dad's KTM 200. I rode my friend's KX100 and it felt so little, but I know people my size and bigger who ride them and love them. It was fun but I don't think i'd ever want one. You just kind of get used to it, I guess. and it's not all that bad.

Thanks im leaning twards the sx150

Well good luck:thumbsup:

Thanks and does any one know when the best time to buy a bike from a dealer? or like when the best deals come out?

it's all mental. I'm used to bigger bikes, because I never really rode a mini per say, even when I did have my 150F I was still riding my boyfriend's 250f and my dad's KTM 200. I rode my friend's KX100 and it felt so little, but I know people my size and bigger who ride them and love them. It was fun but I don't think i'd ever want one. You just kind of get used to it, I guess. and it's not all that bad.

yea i kinda see what your saying. i was like oh jesus i need to touch when i started riding now i hopped on my dads 230 which is more tame than my bike by a long shot but its bigger and i rode it like a pro:thumbsup: i cant wait till im taller, being short sucks :)