Sign in to follow this  

Honda 450x to 530 XC-w

HEy guys I have a chance to get a new 08 530 xc-w. I currently just smoked my tranny again in my 450x(motor has lots of mods). I am really getting fed up with this bike and just want to switch since the Hondas getting Clapped out. HOw are the comparisons if some of you used to ride a 450x?Hows maitenence and suspension and just most of the stuf about it. Most likley Ill be taking the bike as soon as I get it to the suspension shop. Who do most of you recommend I live in the So-cal area. I usually deal with Precision Concepts also For my Honda suspension.

I participate in alot of Desert racing and just had a National this weekend and once again the Honda let me down before a big race.

Thanks guys for any help

Javier at Trailtricks. I did much research and the consensus I came up with is Trailtricks Fraiser Park California

I am happy with my Trail Tricks set up, and i have heard good things about Clean, and ESP.

ok cool. now as far as maitenence on the bike how is it? I'm used to changing my air filter after every ride any ways it dosent really matter. I also change my oil and oil filter every 200 miles too.

Are ther any problems with the 08 models at all? easy fixes and such. also do you have to de smog it like the 450x or do any simple mods to it right out of the box?