Sign in to follow this  

Dirty Poker Run

A few buddies and I from the Wet side will be over. Not sure if we are going Sat or Sun. Fringe puts on a fun event with a wide mix of terrain.

DJ - How do you like the OSET? I've researched the crap out of those things and think I will pull the trigger later this summer on one for my son.

I love that little bike. GET ONE! It is amazing how fast your kid will learn. He will be twice the rider I am.:banghead:

I will have mine at the poker run if you want to check it out.:)

were is the info on this? is it this coming weekend?

Its fun but a tad short(I felt anyway) and not as %100 challenging as I would have liked. Though I wwill go again as its different terrain and a great warm up for desert 100

Its fun but a tad short(I felt anyway) and not as %100 challenging as I would have liked. Though I wwill go again as its different terrain and a great warm up for desert 100

Do that and then zip over to Mattawa for some more riding :)

went last year, was a cool course, they took you out to some sand dunes that i didnt even know were there, but it was a little short so just make some extra laps for fun.

the wife and i are heading over for sundays run, the flyer said it was only going to be a poker run on sunday, so we planned to try it on sunday but i just heard that both days will indeed be poker runs.

I was told here the poker run is both days.

And the weather looks good this morning.

Not windy yet.:thumbsup:

495674772_aDgFZ-S-0.jpg

No wind or very little. Turned out to be a great day for riding. I took my son along and we just took our time. About five miles into the ride we saw a two point buck next to the trail, he looked at us for a second and took off it was very cool. Had a great time and even got a trophy. My son got a bigger trophy then me for being the youngest one on the course, he is three.

Here is a show off photo.

Me and my boys.

495883923_veDeV-L.jpg

:thumbsup:

Awesome! Great Pic! We gotta get that picture on a postcard to the capitol...and get a x-mas card for all politicians. :thumbsup:

Awesome! Great Pic! We gotta get that picture on a postcard to the capitol...and get a x-mas card for all politicians. :thumbsup:

The van is loded and my wife and i are taking off at 3 in the mornin to get over there for sundays run i cant wait!!!! this is the first time my wife will be riding in an organized event and i hope she gets the HOTTEST woman on a bike this year.... i hear its not as big as the youngest on the track but we will take what we can get. I hope i can get some sleep tonight???

Good time. Nice day, wind didn't show up til award ceremony...I won a T-shirt that doesn't fit...but it's all good :thumbsup:

Lots of soft sand, great upper body workout, no crashes, and a few Pics:

P3220016-1.jpg

P3220017-1.jpg

P3220002.jpg

P3220004.jpg

P3220006.jpg

P3220007.jpg

P3220009.jpg

P3220015.jpg

P3220013.jpg

P3220010.jpg

Course on Sunday got outta whack, lots of people lost and free-riding amock. The course was 24miles, but when I finally finished getting to all the checkpoints, I had 53.8 miles....ended up on lots of loops, that didn't end up near a checkpoint. Oh well, my behemoth was more work than I would want for that course again. I'd say the DPR course had all the bad of the Dez100, none of the great, and some of the good. :usa: I had a good time, and the coffee girls made my day.

That coffee trailer was nice, we stopped there a few times. Sunday we won a hat, that I gave to my son. The weather was about as good as can be for that area, with Saturday being just about perfect. We had a great weekend.

497208109_EWAaM-L.jpg

I want to thank the club for putting this on and all the work it takes. And also Howard from the NMA who is putting in alot of work to make these events as fun as can be.

After a weekend of riding I hooked up the trailer to go and when I got back in the truck this is what I found.497221388_fcSyw-L.jpg

495883923_veDeV-L.jpg

Awesome. I went over on Sunday and did just over 20 miles with some newbie friends. We might try to hit Mattawa on Friday.

How did the Oset do out there in the desert?

My boy is 4.5. Do you think the Oset 12.5 will be too small?

It did good, the rock are pretty big compared to the little tires on the bike. I put an extra set of batteries in a backpack we rode quite a bit. The battery time suffered a lot and we got about 35mins. out of a set. I would think the 12.5 might be a little small, but I would take him to sit on one first. If you can't find a bike there to sit on, let me know when you are coming to the East side and I can bring mine to Mattawa some time If you have your boy with you and he can ride it.:thumbsup: