Sign in to follow this  

rekluse clutch?

i was wondering it they made a rekluse clutch system for a yz 125? if they do i know i have enough money for it and would it be worth the buy? i just decided not to worry about the athena big bore kit so i have money. would the clutch be a huge help with cornering and things like that?

on a 125 a rekluse is a waste of time, 125's don't have enough bottom end for the anti stalling to be an advantage (since to ride a 125 properly your up in the RPM), and it removes you manual manipulation of the clutch on the lower end modles, the only real advantage on a 125 is not killing the engine when you smash in the back braking without the clutch in.

a rekluse is generally best suited to a 250cc plus bike ridding in tight ST and hill climbs.

on a 125 a rekluse is a waste of time, 125's don't have enough bottom end for the anti stalling to be an advantage (since to ride a 125 properly your up in the RPM), and it removes you manual manipulation of the clutch on the lower end modles, the only real advantage on a 125 is not killing the engine when you smash in the back braking without the clutch in.

a rekluse is generally best suited to a 250cc plus bike ridding in tight ST and hill climbs.

actually you still have normal use of the clutch if you want. Plus I can change the springs in the clutch for either high or low rpms

If you do most of your riding on MX track Rekluse is waste of money. If you woods ride, hare scrambles or nasty trail riding it's the perfect option. My last four bikes I have put in Rekluse clutch. They are ultimate weapon for dead engine starts and make rough terrain much easier. Only thing you have to do is make sure your motor idles well on steep long down hills or learn to blip the throttle keep from having engine stall and since clutch free wheels you have to kick start.

If you do most of your riding on MX track Rekluse is waste of money. If you woods ride, hare scrambles or nasty trail riding it's the perfect option. My last four bikes I have put in Rekluse clutch. They are ultimate weapon for dead engine starts and make rough terrain much easier. Only thing you have to do is make sure your motor idles well on steep long down hills or learn to blip the throttle keep from having engine stall and since clutch free wheels you have to kick start.

i mainly do MX tracks. so would it be a waste of money for me? i kinda liked the idea of not having to worry about clutching.

it would still work well for mx...you can mash the rear brake without pulling in the clutch coming into corners or rear brake tapping in the air, and if you get the pro model you can still clutch it like normal...

No it won't be a waste of money... I don't ride the track very often, mostly tight twisty trails. But when I do hit the track I turn better lap times than some of my buddies who primarily ride there this is because of how far into the corner you can hold the gas then mash the rear brake downshift and launch out of the corner all the while never having to feather the cluth I can be thinking three moves ahead because I don't have to think about the clutch. I love my rekluse. I would highly recomend it especially if you are racing a 125 you need all the advantage you can get. And this may be opening a can of worms.... but alot of pro riders run auto clutchs. Get it and take the time to dial it in, you won't be sorry!!!

Unless you are very comfortable with the workings of a Rekluse you ain't gonna like it. To make it work on an MX track well takes some serious dialing in. If you don't mind switching out plates to get the proper free play in the assembly you can make it work well. However the proper setup for exploding out of MX berms is not the setup for riding tight woodsy trails or climbing nasty hills. The Rekluse pro is more like a regular clutch but down side is you must use plates from Rekluse each time you rebuild. However the tech folks at Rekluse are among the most helpful in the industry and will work with you to get the performance you want.

actually you still have normal use of the clutch if you want. Plus I can change the springs in the clutch for either high or low rpms

read the bold text again, the rekluse pro allow's the use the of clutch for an extra $150 over the standared.

if your riding a 125 properly, your entering the turn with the clutch in, a the apex your opening the throttle and and feeding out the clutch, you still need to use the clutch on a 125 or your not riding it fast enough, rekluse or no rekluse.

read the bold text again, the rekluse pro allow's the use the of clutch for an extra $150 over the standared.

if your riding a 125 properly, your entering the turn with the clutch in, a the apex your opening the throttle and and feeding out the clutch, you still need to use the clutch on a 125 or your not riding it fast enough, rekluse or no rekluse.

Wow.get the facts straight before accusing somebody and issuing bad gas. I want peoples opinions on the clutch so why would I issue bad gas when you helped me save money?

• Like 1

Excuse me! Have you ridden a bike with the original Rekluse on a Yamaha? The reason I ask is I use the clutch all the time on my 04, mostly in the woods when I want to carry a higher gear thru multiple tight turns and just fan the clutch to pick it up. I am sure that you could also learn to feather the clutch somewhat if you worked with it. The system is much more adaptable than what some people think.

• Like 1