just saw new rokons, can you believe they want $6000?

i was working our booth at the international sportsmens expo here in salt lake and i took a walk and saw from a distance what looked like a rokon, so i walked closer and i was about to say to the guy at the booth, "hey that looks exactly like a ROK........" i then saw that it said rokon on the tank, i said " i didn't know they still made these, how much are they?" his response was "$5,600 plus tax and licensing" whoa dude that just seems like a lot of money seeing as how brand-new bikes (like a dr-z400s for example) are $100 less than that and are 400cc's and street legal etc.

$6,000+ out the door seemed a bit high

Who seriously uses a dirt bike to disc?

http://www.rokon.com/products/acc_3pt.htm

Well, you would never want to plow a field or even a small garden with it. But if you were a forest ranger planting pines in the middle of a forest, then it could come in pretty handy.

Personally, I wish that they would bring back the old RT-340. It was a 340cc dirt bike with a snowmobile clutch built back in the early to mid 70's. And it was actually the first dirt bike to ever have disk brakes.

Wow ,havent heard of this name in ages . Long ago , I rode one of the 2wd ones for a couple days . Amazing where you could take the thing . Not pretty mind you , but a tractor . Almost like a trials bike .The owner was able to climb up a rock wall pretty much like watching a jeep do the same thing .

Rokon actually had a "factory" mx rider many years ago on an open class 340 . He won the Florida Winter Series . Automatic transmission , 2t motor ,disc brakes. Actually was ahead of its time imho .

You guys that are saying these things are worth $6000 out the door... what the hell are you smoking?

It looks exactly like something would look if a guy welded steel tube around a lawn mover engine in his garage then spray painted everything black.

You guys that are saying these things are worth $6000 out the door... what the hell are you smoking?

It looks exactly like something would look if a guy welded steel tube around a lawn mover engine in his garage then spray painted everything black.

who cares what it looks like fool. youre not paying for the looks.

you guys should check out the youtube videos of these little rokons. WOW, they will chew through handlebar deep mud! (the key is to keep your speed up!)

I remember a dude named Don Kudalski (spelling) winning races in Florida back in those days one one of course that was testiment to his riding ability. He was almost unbeatable on sand tracks and also won on Bultacos. He was called "Rokon Don" I think.

Craigus

who cares what it looks like fool. youre not paying for the looks.

you guys should check out the youtube videos of these little rokons. WOW, they will chew through handlebar deep mud! (the key is to keep your speed up!)

Settle down boy. There's an old saying 'A fool and his money soon part ways.'