09 needs more low end

Anyone with an 09 looking for more low end? The mid to top rips for me and I don't want to change a thing with that. I like running stock motors for reliability but need the extra hit for down low. I was thinking porting, polishing, going up a tooth or 2 in the rear and a ti4r. I know the pipe is pricey but I can get a decent deal on it. Any engine guys out there want to shine some light? I am a novice or c class rider.

Also I am going to re spring and re valve the suspension for me. The bike does not turn well and likes to pop out of ruts. Do the linkage and clamps make it that much better? I am coming from a honda that turned on a dime. I wish I could take the 09 kawi motor and put it in a honda frame. Any advice or suggestions is appreciated.

Go the easy and cheap route first, gear it down. Almost everyone recommends a 49 rear sprocket. Some go to a 50.

After that you can always go to a pipe.

About the handling, people seem to like the bike with 22mm offset triple clamps, some might even wanna go to 20mm.

Also, be sure to have the proper front tire for your kind of dirt.

And another thing is to practice some more. When switching to a new bike you have to get used to it a bit, try moving around some more to find the sweet spot for corners. This takes a couple of hours of riding to really get into...

Go the easy and cheap route first, gear it down. Almost everyone recommends a 49 rear sprocket. Some go to a 50.

After that you can always go to a pipe.

About the handling, people seem to like the bike with 22mm offset triple clamps, some might even wanna go to 20mm.

Also, be sure to have the proper front tire for your kind of dirt.

And another thing is to practice some more. When switching to a new bike you have to get used to it a bit, try moving around some more to find the sweet spot for corners. This takes a couple of hours of riding to really get into...

I think I am going to go with the 50. There are some tight tracks here in Ca.I think this will be the first thing I do and go from there.

I have almost 9 hours on the bike and i felt comfortable within the first 10 minutes on it. It just doesnt handle as well as my honda. The bike rips.

The stock tires are perfect for what I ride. I used them before and will continue to use them.

I have plenty of practice on the bike. I am way faster on the kawi or so I have been told. I am looking for that extra edge. I had some good finishes this weekend. The motor makes up for it all.

I think I am going to go with the 50. There are some tight tracks here in Ca.I think this will be the first thing I do and go from there.

I have almost 9 hours on the bike and i felt comfortable within the first 10 minutes on it. It just doesnt handle as well as my honda. The bike rips.

The stock tires are perfect for what I ride. I used them before and will continue to use them.

I have plenty of practice on the bike. I am way faster on the kawi or so I have been told. I am looking for that extra edge. I had some good finishes this weekend. The motor makes up for it all.

9 hours already! Cool!

Well, then there is some mods in your future, clamps and maybe a lowering link?

Someone said that PC only uses the lowering link for supercross on the -09. Might be up your alley if your tracks are tight...

you need to richen your pilot jet to a 42 or 45, in ny i am running a 45,big difference.once you get the carb mod you will be able to run the 48 tooth or 49 on tight tracks you will start to waste your top end with the 50 . I did the toyko mods carb and it helped the power band from bottom to top. most pipes lose bottom to gain up top,like pc. I had the link on my 07 and liked it .I didn't like it on my 09 and took it of,I agree with the honda handling better,I rode a stock 09 250f yesterday and handled better than the kx,and i'm on my second revalve, one more time with the forks and it should be perfect, how much do you weight? i weight 160, b rider just advanced to a and i had to soften up the valving. once you get the suspension right you might not need the triple clamps.But if you have the money the would be nice.If you need any other advise let me know

The soft rear shock damping is in part the cause for some of your turning issues. It squats too much under power and can cause a mid turn wash or pop out of a rut. A temp fix is to lower the front end by moving up the forks in the clamps.

The stock motor is pretty sweet, just go larger with the rear sprocket.

The soft rear shock damping is in part the cause for some of your turning issues. It squats too much under power and can cause a mid turn wash or pop out of a rut. A temp fix is to lower the front end by moving up the forks in the clamps.

alot of people are saying the damping is to soft but i feel the opposite .Fc said there was to much once i softned it up it handles so much better i still need more out of the front and it sould turn even better once i get it to settle in.i guss diferent people like diferent settings. i run 105mm sag with the forks at the first line that works for me. when i tried the link it made it worse poping out of ruts thats why i took it of.

alot of people are saying the damping is to soft but i feel the opposite ..

My testing was with a 155lb pro, including myself and a few others. By the end of the day we had the stock shock with the compression damping turned all the way in/hard. After the shock re-valve we got back to more middle ground compression and rebound settings. The forks werent too bad, but for us the shock was way soft.

I can see a pro needing to go stiffer. on some tracks I have to stiffen up not to blow trough in the rear. It would be nice for the linkage to have better progression IMO. did you change the springs for a 155lb pro. i'm running stock. Have you tested triple clamps or the pc link?

I can see a pro needing to go stiffer. on some tracks I have to stiffen up not to blow trough in the rear. It would be nice for the linkage to have better progression IMO. did you change the springs for a 155lb pro. i'm running stock. Have you tested triple clamps or the pc link?

Nope, the stock springs work fine for him. With the shock re-valved stiffer we see no reason to go with a link or the clamps for that matter, hes' been happy with the bike ever since the shock was done.

I think because he is faster than me he needed to stiffen the rear to balance out the handling. once i get the front to settle with the rear the bike should be good for me, and i also think i would not need the clamps.

Well I ordered a 50 tooth and I am getting my suspension re valved and re sprung this week so we will see how that goes.

If this doesnt help with the low end I think I am going to port and polish the head and throw a pipe on.

I am hoping the re valve and spring helps.

Whose doing the suspension work for ya? Im in your area and wanting to my suspension done.. Probably going to switch out the springs myself and get a revalve.. my 08 seems to have a great bottom, i thought the 09 had good bottom end too.

port and polish and pipe will not help bottom end, some pipes will lose bottom. pc loses on the dyno. you are in cal just let toyko mods do your carb the bike will run ten times better. and you will save over 1000 bucks. the jetting of the bottom is off, thats why you are looking for bottom end.

Whose doing the suspension work for ya? Im in your area and wanting to my suspension done.. Probably going to switch out the springs myself and get a revalve.. my 08 seems to have a great bottom, i thought the 09 had good bottom end too.

I am having Kps suspension do it. He is a local guy and friend of mine. When Br1 closed there doors he bought some of the equipment they used. I have heard nothing but good about him. His prices are hard to beet. He also rides and is at the track all the time to help you dial it in. If you are interested let me know and I will get his number to you.

port and polish and pipe will not help bottom end, some pipes will lose bottom. pc loses on the dyno. you are in cal just let toyko mods do your carb the bike will run ten times better. and you will save over 1000 bucks. the jetting of the bottom is off, thats why you are looking for bottom end.

I was going to go with the dr.d I was told buy my engine guy that these pipes are designed to help with the low end and ride in the meat of the power band. I am not spending 250 for tokyo mods to my carb. My guy will do a top end port and polish and carb mods for 500. I can guarantee it will be as good if not better than tokyo mods.

The drd pipe is a good choice on my 07 when it was stock I tested the drd back to back with the PC pipe and the drd was a clear winner for me and a friend.as far as getting the bottom you are looking for?? Last year I did a263cc high comp piston that will give you what you are looking for! As far as the carb mod i felt the same as you till I rode a few thats why i did mine,my bike runs so good know I not touching the motor!! Its perfect..And buy extra packing when you get your pipe they only last ten hours,drd will recomend it I went threw alot.