Sign in to follow this  

Rekluse issues

Rekluse issues (real tight pressure plate)

Hey all, just tore into my clutch... and everything went smoothly untill the pressure plate install... as it it won't at all, it is so tight the teeth won't fit without my weight, which renders this useless. I did try to rotate the plate in the twelve different tooth positions and no go.The interesting part is when I tore my bike down to the clutch, it looks like an aftermarket basket...

I tried a search and saw darn near nothing

I'm calling Rekluse on Monday, but any assistance would be greatly appreciated

:Update:

well... sigh... got into it, and guess what, it's a Hinson basket.. doesn't look like it's likes the pressure plate very much...

Bad news... Broke the inner hub while trying to break the nut lose... somebody thought 43 ft/lbs meant tighten it like your car's wheel :banghead:

Tested a buddy's spare basket... pressure plate fits like a glove. :)

Rekluse issues (real tight pressure plate)

Hey all, just tore into my clutch... and everything went smoothly untill the pressure plate install... as it it won't at all, it is so tight the teeth won't fit without my weight, which renders this useless. I did try to rotate the plate in the twelve different tooth positions and no go.The interesting part is when I tore my bike down to the clutch, it looks like an aftermarket basket...

I tried a search and saw darn near nothing

I'm calling Rekluse on Monday, but any assistance would be greatly appreciated

:Update:

well... sigh... got into it, and guess what, it's a Hinson basket.. doesn't look like it's likes the pressure plate very much...

Bad news... Broke the inner hub while trying to break the nut lose... somebody thought 43 ft/lbs meant tighten it like your car's wheel :banghead:

Tested a buddy's spare basket... pressure plate fits like a glove. :banghead:

Are you saying the Pressure plate wont mate up to the clutch basket? I'm not sure exactly what your saying here. Did you install a Rekluse clutch setup? Just trying to help but not sure exactly what you mean. :)

that's correct it won't mate to my hinson clutch basket, but goes into the stock clutch basket perfectly