anyone know the top speed of...

im with neal99. Im sayin top speed is in the 60s mph just a guess. You will read that people with kx250fs are hitting 75 mph stock but they are on drugs.. when i had a bone stock (even gearing) 06 kx250f it hit 49mph banging off the rev limiter in 5th gear with my GPS.. i know when i switched to the 450 it doesnt go 40mph faster.

hey guy's anyone know the top speed of a 08 kx 450f? my buddy said he gps'd his and it went 92 mph? could anyone confirm this thanks!!?

A kx450f is not design for that speeds but YES it could go like 105 mph as long as you change gearing and most important thing to consider is wind drag.If you are going in the directon of the wind yes it could.

someone is tripping, 40mph or 50mph? I've never clocked my 450 but there is a section of trail here though that rides right next to the I 90 highway in ny, 65 mph speed limit and i pass cars that are going what I assume the speed limit on that trail beciase it super flat? My yz250 did over 70 I belive I clocked it next to a car on the highway as 76.

someone is tripping, 40mph or 50mph? I've never clocked my 450 but there is a section of trail here though that rides right next to the I 90 highway in ny, 65 mph speed limit and i pass cars that are going what I assume the speed limit on that trail beciase it super flat? My yz250 did over 70 I belive I clocked it next to a car on the highway as 76.

thats what im thinking, ive gps'd a crf 150r small wheel it did 51 mph stock gearing, my old kx 125 (04 brady sheren's ex bike) had one gear on that, so around 60-65 mph, we raced my neighbours crf 450x against my brothers yz 125 and it just flew by it (looked atleast like 75mph) but i dunno.

hey guy's anyone know the top speed of a 08 kx 450f? my buddy said he gps'd his and it went 92 mph? could anyone confirm this thanks!!?

sounds about right my buddy had his 07 kx450 clocked at 91 mph on asphalt and my bike will just barely creep by him in a straight (mines being the 2008 kx450)

the bone stock 2006 kx450 with only 4 gears would do 85mph....

I dont know where the hell you guys came up with 40mph but I want to know your dealers name cause hes selling some strong shit

ok I purchased a garmin nuvi 205 gps and well what do you know I hit 91.9mph with my bone stock engine and bone stock gearing and didnt even hit the limiter(wasnt able to)

so yes you are full of crap.... I took a wheelie all the way over 80mph and also on another side note my buddy hit 88.9mph on his 2007 crf450r with 1 extra tooth on the rear on the limiter(im guessing with the stock gearing he might hit 90-91mph

im willing to bet money the 82mph metioned earlier was taken in the dirt as when I was testing the gps out I hit 80 in the dirt but I didnt fully wrap it out in 5th

your top speeds WILL BE FAR LESS IN THE DIRT my test where on paved asphalt

ok I purchased a garmin nuvi 205 gps and well what do you know I hit 91.9mph with my bone stock engine and bone stock gearing and didnt even hit the limiter(wasnt able to)

so yes you are full of crap.... I took a wheelie all the way over 80mph and also on another side note my buddy hit 88.9mph on his 2007 crf450r with 1 extra tooth on the rear on the limiter(im guessing with the stock gearing he might hit 90-91mph

im willing to bet money the 82mph metioned earlier was taken in the dirt as when I was testing the gps out I hit 80 in the dirt but I didnt fully wrap it out in 5th

your top speeds WILL BE FAR LESS IN THE DIRT my test where on paved asphalt

Ok, im not trying to pick sides or anything but thats what i thought, my buddy has a garmin gps aswell, but ive never seen him physically show me the 92 mph on his gps. Ive geared my 06 kx 450 from 13/53 to 14/49 (13/45) so i have very low gearing. top speed would be retarded for me on dirt trails and track, but as for the long plains i run into with my buddies, man im gonna have some fun! :usa:??

I just want to know where that 40mph hour quote came from lol? My girls trx250ex does 40 lol, I was doing 40 today literally idling in 4th gear on teh road behind my buddy on a dual sport with a spedometer, not giving it one bit of throttle lol.

There was no mention of a 450f going 40mph... re-read the post..

In '06 I owned a 2006 kx250f. It gps @ 49-50mph. what I was saying is that, going from the 250f to the 450 I can attest that there is no way this bike goes 40mph faster than that (the 250f).

Ok, im not trying to pick sides or anything but thats what i thought, my buddy has a garmin gps aswell, but ive never seen him physically show me the 92 mph on his gps. Ive geared my 06 kx 450 from 13/53 to 14/49 (13/45) so i have very low gearing. top speed would be retarded for me on dirt trails and track, but as for the long plains i run into with my buddies, man im gonna have some fun! :usa:??

sorry if I came off as a jerk my reply was to the guy(s) that said it would do 50-60mph which was completly bull..... yeah your bike will have a lower top speed becuase of the 4 speed with the 5 speed 450s they literally just added a whole other gear...which is nice for those high speed dune/desert cruises:thumbsup: