bumped up fork preload, now the shocks too sloppy?

Dunno why i've left it this long but I just threw the 4 washers in the eibach springs come with, made a huge difference to the front end. Now it absorbs impacts much better and doesn't wallow briefly on the harder hits + front brake works much better. It bounces off rocks a little hard but i'm happy with it as a compromise. Overall its like going from stockers to eibachs all over again.

Anyway front end sorted but the rear now seems a little too saggy. I bumped the preload up another 1.5mm or so but didn't help too much. When I get a new chain i'll be able to shorten the wheel base to raise the rear up a bit more which should help but in the meantime is there anything else I can do other than jack up the preload even more?

It seems to me that a revalve would help substantially on the rougher stuff. But it still feels like the rear spring is a bit too soft for my weight. I weigh around 75-80kg and have eibachs front (.48kg) and rear (7.6kg)

well bud I think it must be a preload issue. i tip the scales at about 250lbs rtr (108 kg) I have the eibach springs as well 50 in the front and 8.3 on the rear and they work great even when i have had the bike uncomfortably high off of the ground I have the preload set to 1.5 inches of sag with my weight on the bike. Where are you sitting

well bud I think it must be a preload issue. i tip the scales at about 250lbs rtr (108 kg) I have the eibach springs as well 50 in the front and 8.3 on the rear and they work great even when i have had the bike uncomfortably high off of the ground I have the preload set to 1.5 inches of sag with my weight on the bike. Where are you sitting

a fair bit more than 1.5 inches. I can get the bike airborne but it bottoms out on landings (bout 1 metre off the ground will do it) and theres a fair bit of sag just sitting on it. Much better than stock but its not a firm ride. I'll jack the preload up another 5mm or so tomorrow and see how it goes

sounds like you got the right idea bro more preload. Just wordering when your bike is on the side stand with no additional weight is the suspension fully extended? mine is and my 1.5 in of sag is with all my weight and ready to ride. I had a buddy help me balance and measure sag so that I could get it set perfact to 1.5 with both feet on the pegs. ?

a fair bit more than 1.5 inches. I can get the bike airborne but it bottoms out on landings (bout 1 metre off the ground will do it) and theres a fair bit of sag just sitting on it. Much better than stock but its not a firm ride. I'll jack the preload up another 5mm or so tomorrow and see how it goes

Try some 10w shock oil in there.

I'm running about 7-10cm of race sag.

Try some 10w shock oil in there.

I'm running about 7-10cm of race sag.

I can't change the shock oil, no shops here can regas the shock nor will they touch it without a complete seal replacement

&i'd say theres about 2-3 inches of static sag without my weight on it. This seems a bit much even without jacking up the preload. I don't want to increase the preload so much that it binds the coil when bottoming out

well I jacked the preload up about 35mm. Spring length was around the 285mm mark under static sag, bumped it all the way up to 250mm and turned the dampening all the way up (doesn't do jack anyway). Now the rear ends sits much higher and has at a guesstimate 2-3 inches of sag with my weight on it. Rides so much smoother everywhere, soaks up all the small-medium hits nicely but is too 'bouncy' on the harder stuff and doesn't track very well through ruts. But thats down to dampening which needs a revalve. Overall a very good improvement but I don't think its necessary to drop any more cash, its still a big heavy DR

After mine was resprung the rear rebound is pretty sharp nothing to bad I just had to adjust my style a bit and hang further off the back of the bike when pushing it at speed or landing any size jump I'm thinking of sending the shock in to Jesse for a rework but cant justify the money or time with out my bike yet.