Sign in to follow this  

Question about Slip-ons??

Hello, i have used the search engine to try and find out about exhaust slip-ons but it seems everyone is running full systems and looking for more power in their bike (3x3, FCR etc)

As my license is restricted to 33bhp anyway i simply want an exhaust for looks and abit more noise. I dont want to re-jet and so on.

So could i simply bolt on a RS3 slip-on?

i thought so,

if i was to add a full rs2 system would it affect the bike if not re-jetted??

If i was to add a full rs2 system but not re-jet what diff would i feel?

I just have a slip on but had to rejet it. also did the 3x3 mod but was under the impression from the guy who helped me (and he definitely knows his stuff about bikes) that I had to rejet no matter what with the new exhaust

If i was to add a full rs2 system but not re-jet what diff would i feel?

Probably less power.

You need to rejet with a full system or with the 3x3 mod.

You must have a lot of Quid laying around if you are putting on an RS3 just for looks LOL

I originally wanted to go with a new exhaust because the leanness caused extra heat at the head pipe and burned all the paint off causing an ugly rust color. I used it as an excuse to re-jet and 3 x 3 and I couldn't be happier.

The head pipe is the restriction on S and SM. Over hear most TTers say its a waste to go with a slip on (including Eddie). If your license restricts you to 33 HP do they make you put your bike on the Dyno every year before you renew your registration?

Ouch.

Im not certain but i think i just need the original certificate to get it re-registered so i might be ok doing some mods