Sign in to follow this  

Stock Exhaust Can Insert

I drilled out the center cap on my exhaust insert (stock) last night - sounds a LOT better and is not too loud at all IMO. If you plan on doing an exhaust and can't afford one at the moment, I highly recommend this for the noise level is slightly more quiet than an aftermarket yet still retains a very nice deep tone. Keep the spark arrestor, just drill carefully. A 1 3/8" hole saw bit worked perfectly for me. Performance? No power gains though "it feels" like it allowed the motor to climb through the powerband a bit more gracefully on my bike - that could be just a matter of my particular carb settings, atmospheric pressure, and the square root of the tendency of girls to flash for beads during Mardi Gras. The idle tone is fantastic; a nice throaty tone. MOST importantly, I think other drivers on the road hear me a lil' more, which in turn leads to their awareness that I'm there on the road with them...

welcome to Thumpertalk =)

Wow... and oil thread and now a loud pipes save lives thread.

This guy is going to be my new BFF, I can just tell.

Wow... and oil thread and now a loud pipes save lives thread.

This guy is going to be my new BFF, I can just tell.

:)

hahaha wicked thread, been thinking of doing this whilst waiting for the MRD

did you take the exhaust off to do it, or did you just do it on the bike?

Yanked the cap (3 bolts) and had my brother hold 'er nice and steady. I dunno, work has slowed down for me so I'm goofing off in the garage with what I've got since I don't have a lot of money to spend. MRD was on this month's agenda until the money went away.

Regal, we could be best friends except I think that you're a woman's down under cleaner.

Regal, we could be best friends except I think that you're a woman's down under cleaner.

Yip, when I eat all the 'crumbs' end up in my goat...

goat4.jpg

Yip, when I eat all the 'crumbs' end up in my goat...

Man, I've heard of earning your red wings but crumbs is a whole new story. When it gets that bad, I stick to a mop and good bristle brush. :)

Photo19.jpg

great...another thread gone gay.

:)

Next thing you know, somebody will post pictures of bunnies and kittens...