Sign in to follow this  

Supercross JBS and reed

I know i'm running a little late on this but i had to dvr the race. did it look to anybody else like jbs waited for reed to get side by side with him before he took off? i replayed it and my wife thought the same thing.

He was definately taking his time in that corner, thats for sure.

I dunno, but I think the both of them know that Stewart is the faster of the two, so I really dont know what the point of that would be. If he did do that, I hope he pays for it down the road this season. That's pretty $hitty, IMO.

I dunno, but I think the both of them know that Stewart is the faster of the two, so I really dont know what the point of that would be. If he did do that, I hope he pays for it down the road this season. That's pretty $hitty, IMO.

I'll bet you really hate that Unadilla vid then. I don't know if he "let" him get get side by side in that corner.

It wouldn't be the first time Stewart has done that to Reed. Maybe JS is trying to play head games with him, get CR to ride over his head so he can make points up from daytona's race.

I'll bet you really hate that Unadilla vid then. I don't know if he "let" him get get side by side in that corner.

is that the one where JS slows down, moves over and lets CR by just so he can go railing around him again.

That would be the one. They played it last saturday on ESPN classics during the MX marathon.

I don't think JS is playing games. Obviously he won't admit to it if he was but I just don't get the sense from reading all of his interviews that he does that anymore.

In those early laps, Chad Reed was showing you a wheel here and there. What were you thinking about at that point?

I was just thinking about my deal. He’s a great rider, and he does that all the time – he tries to make you over-ride the track and pressure you into a mistake, and tonight I was solid as a brick. I made one mistake in that whoop section over there just because of that sand and stuff, and I was able to throw down some hot laps and ride my race, and I was able to win.

Even if he is playing mind games at their level of competition that is perfectly acceptable. Look at Moto GP riders (Valentino Rossi) they play mind games all the time. They are going to do whatever it takes to win, if that means playing with someone else's head then there gonna do it.

He was 11 points down in the championship, and you think Stewart was letting Reed show a wheel to play mind games on the third turn of the race? :)

Thats part of racing all . Head games are part of it . I've seen and been involved in more than a few ( yesteryear ) . Its on the track , and not one of the guys doing battle have a bad thing to say about it (exception being the one that gets punked and falls for it) . No harm -no foul . I have seen guys pass ,wave the guy back around ,then pass right back at will . :)

He was 11 points down in the championship, and you think Stewart was letting Reed show a wheel to play mind games on the third turn of the race? :)

it sure looks like he slowed down and let him catch up. i watched again just a little bit ago.

Dude, can you be more specific about when and where this mind game took place. The only time Reed was side by side was after the start going through the second rythm section. The first double-double rythm section after the start Stewart rolled the first jump then tripled and was forced to roll the first two jumps in the next rythm. While Reed was able to double-triple to Stewarts single-single-triple. That was the only time they were side by side and Stewart was doing everything he could to keep Reed behind him, including running him high in the 180.

chad reed is a complainer

best post so far :)

Unadilla was unacceptable, you run your race, that means dont be a dick to those who arent as fast as you are.

if someone annoyed me enough and i was that much faster than them i would do the same thing.......so not "unacceptable"...

Dude, can you be more specific about when and where this mind game took place. The only time Reed was side by side was after the start going through the second rythm section. The first double-double rythm section after the start Stewart rolled the first jump then tripled and was forced to roll the first two jumps in the next rythm. While Reed was able to double-triple to Stewarts single-single-triple. That was the only time they were side by side and Stewart was doing everything he could to keep Reed behind him, including running him high in the 180.

yeah i believe we are talking about the same spot. jbs looks back, then slows down, almost rolls one of the humps in the section. cr comes up on his right, they are wheel to wheel and jbs turns the throttle again. from there cr is again feeling the agony of defeat. if had that ability i would certainly use it as a mind game, at that level of the game.:)

best post so far :)

Unadilla was unacceptable, you run your race, that means dont be a dick to those who arent as fast as you are.

WAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cry much?????