Sign in to follow this  

150R in CR125 Frame?

yeah the equivalent 4 stroke displacement motor is the 250F.

So you would be downsizing on the power department even from your 125.

My wife has a 2002 CR125, and the frame size fits her body really well. The suspension is perfect, everything is perfect. However, she is not an aggressive rider, so the powerband intimidates her. I have had her ride my CRF250R, and that scares her to.

Then she rode a friends CRF150R and loved the power, but thought the bike was to small.

So CR125R + CR150R = Perfect balance of size and power.

And I know I could get some CRF250F air cooled bike, but they weight 250lbs, and have low quality brakes and suspension. Whereas the CR125R weight just under 200lbs and is better all around.

And lastly...because I like projects, and it sounds like fun to do!

it should be fairly easy, i put a xr100 motor in a yz80 frame and that wasnt too big of a job. The main problem is making making an air boot to go from the carb to the air box and finding someone decent to weld up the new motor mounts, it will be a killer little ride if you build it. good luck

it should be fairly easy, i put a xr100 motor in a yz80 frame and that wasnt too big of a job. The main problem is making making an air boot to go from the carb to the air box and finding someone decent to weld up the new motor mounts, it will be a killer little ride if you build it. good luck

Thats kinda what I was thinking. The other issue will be converting from a 420 to a 520 chain. Unless someone makes a 520 drive sproket for the motor already?