Sign in to follow this  

Pump-X for arm pump

Anybody ever try this? What were your results?

No matter what I do, its always this stupid arm pump slowing me down...it gets to teh point of being dangerous cause I cant control the throttle, brake and clutch properly. Just looking for some relief.

Try this, take a rope 1/4inch dia., tie it to a round 14in. long pipe shovel handle.

tie a rock to the other end, stand on a deck and wind it up and down 5 or six times, your arms will be so sore you won't be able to ride your bike and you won't get arm pump.

so im guessing you guys arent into the pill idea??

Heres my self assessment:

First time riding mx in almost two years...so im probably out of shape even though i go to the gym.

but, I was using my legs and I really wasnt using death grip. THe only time i was holdin onto the bars tight was when I was pulling back on them to get the front wheel over whoops, bumps, etc.

maybe ill try the rope workout.

I used PumpX as they gave me a bottle to try. Can't say I noticed much difference, but I don't get arm pump that bad anyway. It definitely didn't cure it completely but maybe my arm pump would have been worse without it. I won't run out and buy it.

my son tryed that stuff and it did not cure it , your muscles just recovery alot faster. He also worked with the bar and rope with a weight at the end. That helps alot. not to easy to do, you will see. your arms will be sore, don't over do it or do it before you are going to ride.

that pump x stuff is just like taking a blood thinner. or asprin or something. Its a waste of time trying it and if u get a small cut it doesnt stop bleeding from that stuff. Ride more and longer and you will work through it, lots of cardio helps too.

i take a couple baby aspirin before i ride. helps out a little and just loosens me up in general

i take a couple baby aspirin before i ride. helps out a little and just loosens me up in general

I don't even mess around, 800mg Ibuprofin and amino acid complex. No more arm pump.

that pump x stuff is just like taking a blood thinner. or asprin or something. Its a waste of time trying it and if u get a small cut it doesnt stop bleeding from that stuff. Ride more and longer and you will work through it, lots of cardio helps too.

This is the best advice by far..

well im doing the cardio, and I havent done that rope workout yet but I know it works because my physical therapist has me do it when i was recovering from surgery and ac separation. 30 seconds of it and im out.

any ideas how to mimic that workout without having to buy some big ass rope and such. I need an on-the-go version.

also, what does ibuprofen do for you. Im reluctant to take potent stuff and then workout/sweat because I feel like im putting an extra strain on my kidneys as my body gets dehydrated.

i noticed id get bad arm pump and hand cramps when i wore my elbow pads. so i decided to go a moto without em and had no arm pump or cramps at all. i had them loosened to the point where they barely would stay on and that didnt help. i found it safer not to wear em rather than wear em and get arm pump.

are you serious midol?!?!?! lol

lol funny as it sounds it does help with cramps and bad headaches. this lady would give it to me at work whenever my back starts hurting from when i crashed on my bike last year.

midol! i thought it helped me

LMAO!! Try wearing a pare of your wife's panties backwards to eliminate monkey butt. LMAO!!