Sign in to follow this  

Supercross The old Reed is back!

When James was collecting wins in the first half of the season, Reed was saying he was happy with that and more importantly "having fun". Well, that has gone out the window. He was unhappy and beaten during that podium speech. Even during the podium pic he looked like a depressed mofo. James flat out walked the dog on Reed. Who knows, maybe he is just coming to terms that its probably over unless he can consistantly gain a sec a lap. The stradegy of pressuring him and exploiting his weakness isnt working that well.

_S2F1239.JPG

Yeah, I'm sure you guys are all happy and chipper when you lose.:) During the interview, CR gave nothing but mad props to JS. Not only that, but made no excuses for himself by saying that he felt he rode badly. You know it HAS to be frustrating! I know I would be.

• Like 1

Theres sx riders in that pic? Sorry I just cant get enough of the Monster girls.

I dont think Reed handled his interview all that bad. He did seem pretty upset but he got dusted in front of his family so I think he is expected to be a little pouty. Great look on his face in that pic though! Pretty much the same look I had on my face after the elections.

He wasn't thrilled when he crossed the finish line either. You can only finish 2nd so many times before it wears on you. He knows that if JS doesn't crash the points lead is gone in 3 races.

It was his birthday week and his wife flew in tons of friends and family. He sounded disapointed in himself. Im sure he wanted to put on a show for his Parents and friends.

Im sure he knew Bubba was going to be hard to beat though, with back-to-back losses this weekend looked to be tough for Reed.

Great look on his face in that pic though! Pretty much the same look I had on my face after the elections.

:)

yes because I would be totally excited if I got spanked in front of my friends and family.

nothing beats it :)

Yeah, I'm sure you guys are all happy and chipper when you lose.:) During the interview, CR gave nothing but mad props to JS. Not only that, but made no excuses for himself by saying that he felt he rode badly. You know it HAS to be frustrating! I know I would be.

Your right, well, almost all of the old Reed was back then. Would have been better if he had blamed the bike or other rider like he used to :banghead:

I think he was still happy in the first 4-5 races because he actually believed he was faster than James. Then once James got his bike dialed in he was probably thinking "F#&K, Its over, I cant go that fast!!"

I think he can go that fast, its just a matter of steping out of his comfort zone, of course he will probably crash. ALOT that way

I think he can go that fast, its just a matter of steping out of his comfort zone, of course he will probably crash. ALOT that way

So he really can't go that fast.....to be competitive anyway.

Like someone else said the old read isn't back. The old reed would have said " I was trying to find a place to pass him when my brakes started to fade (or my goggles broke, or a lapper got in the way, etc etc). He seemed very bummed he couldn't stay with Bubba, but thats the way it is. Showing disappointment that he couldn't win is a bad thing, whining about it is. I don't know whether its really a change it attitude or if its Decoster's doing but he has been much better this year. Makes it much easier to pull for him. Props to Chad for acting like a defending champ should this year.

It has to be disappointing, to think for a second that you can beat JS, then get beat the way he did. The only thing Reed can hope for is that James goes down. It has to be in Reeds head " what if he doesn't go down? " I wonder if Reed will to car racing next year, if he doesn't get a championship. ( since he only has a one year contract with Suzuki)

I disagree (with the OP). Reed acknowledged that James rode a great race, and he didn't. I don't really think CR had a bad race, just not as good as James. Reed stepped out of his comfort zone a little when he tried, and successfully completed the dragon back to triple triple. I don't think I saw anybody else do that. (besides JS)

I can understand being disappointed on the podium. Have you ever given anything everything you had and still couldn't pull it off? It's a crushing feeling, esp in front of your wife/family. I say props to Reed for NOT becoming his old self and blaming the lappers, or his bike, or ......

It has to be disappointing, to think for a second that you can beat JS, then get beat the way he did. The only thing Reed can hope for is that James goes down. It has to be in Reeds head " what if he doesn't go down? " I wonder if Reed will to car racing next year, if he doesn't get a championship. ( since he only has a one year contract with Suzuki)

Thats why I think he will do the Outdoors this year. Go for that title since James wont be there and hang it up in the US. He can go back home a still do Super X and car racing there.

I totally agree. It will very interesting how many races that JS will do. He already said he will do a few of them. Maybe he will change his mind if JS wins a SX championship. I would like to see them both outdoors. Also, maybe he will do them because the outdoors will be on NBC ( in CA ) That would be good exposure for him and JAMES STEWRT ENTERTAINMENT??

Thats why I think he will do the Outdoors this year. Go for that title since James wont be there and hang it up in the US. He can go back home a still do Super X and car racing there.

Decostor said Reed is not doing ALL the nationals, only a few.

I think Reed was on a high from the last 2 weekends and Stewart popped is balloon. He seems to be able to assess where he lost time better this year. Years back he just didn't have any good answers. Seemed lost as to what he needed to improve on.

We need more fast guys like Reed in the 450 class. Guys that want to win and actually have the desire to push to get there. As much as I like Reed and James, only 2 guys week in and week out that can win just gets a little old. Need some more riders winning races. History says otherwise though.