Sign in to follow this  

3-14 Mattawa PIX

Went riding to Mattawa instead of Belfair (good choice BY FAR) with twistys4me, Osofast, and 2 of his buddies. Day started off s.....l.....o......w. With 1 guy who had just purchased his first 4 stroke, and he was roastin that clutch baby! Ridin a kx450 like it was a kx125 attempting a sandy hill climb. :busted:

At any rate... good dudes, but we opted to head on. So Jason (twistys4me) and I were heading up a ravine, we get to the top of the section, pull off in the sand for a breather, and we hear 2 bikes coming up, they stopped just below and around the corner, for a breather as well. All of a sudden i hear "hey is that motophotog" :crazy: It was RX2RIDE and his buddies. :) What are the chances. :foul: So we all hooked up and headed on, no real right or wrong way to go (you know how it is at Mattawa) We just started heading North, and thats all we knew :lol:

Wanted to head to the right, but we had 2 lines. Jason is on his TE610 dualsport, and he chose the left line. Which have two huge rocks to get over that are embedded in the sand before hitting up the hill. He got stuck, and got a little assistance from RX2ride to get up that sucker. I went to the right, and showed em' how its done. :p JK Jason. :lol:

Get to the top of the hill and one of RX's buddies' honda was overheating a bit, and jason found his throttle tube was sticking. So we opted for a nice break.

The group we ran into

491536706_pASjv-XL.jpg

Honda love

491535178_pno4L-XL.jpg

Jason, tired after that last fight with the Husky

491536659_BMAS2-XL.jpg

But hey he came prepared. Got the tools out, and was fixed in no time

491536682_uMPe8-XL.jpg

When you own a Husky, you are sure to bring plenty of tools :banghead:

491535463_UeLFE-XL.jpg

491535175_8WLqv-XL.jpg

Little did i know, the shrubbrush that i leaned by bike on, had given out, and I thought "meh" its okay.

491535249_ZEL8C-XL.jpg

But yeah.... I was spittin fuel the whole time. Lost about a 1/3 of a tank into the ground............. anyone got a lighter? :banghead:

Just heading out, i look over to my right, and snap a pic of the valley below, towards Hanford........ see a cloud dropping a light shower below, but we never saw any all day. Not a drop!

491535344_zhmQN-XL.jpg

Got to the top and got to check out the viewpoint.

Anyone know what the deal is with the water jugs?

491535860_Litkq-XL.jpg

Jason enjoying his first dirt ride on his Husky, and first visit to Mattawa

491535872_XMu4w-XL.jpg

(More on second post..........)

Nick, i promise i wasnt complaining about wantin' lunch this time :)

491535761_ZFjBC-XL.jpg

RX2Ride explains how much he loves Obama.

491535960_RbCD4-XL.jpg

Cant get enough of how cool this cabin is.

491535699_ZJWMe-XL.jpg

Came back for lunch to see OldManTime was here somewhere! Saw his lil red truck. Rode after lunch with Ben and his buddies. His buddy was doing much much better on the KX than in the morning. So we took em to the top to at least see the views, and show them the cliffs etc.... when we got there, 3 guys on KTM's informed him that he had a flat tire. Damn. We thought he just had a loose shrader valve, but nope. After tightening it, it was flat again within seconds. So back to the truck we go.

491536298_wxzwg-XL.jpg

Fixing tire, went out for another hour and a half. 40 miles later, we were pretty spent.

Time to hang the goggles and load up the truck

491536421_VZiSY-XL.jpg

Nice report. Good to hear you could ride more than a hour without needing to head back for lunch :) . I think the water jugs at the cabin serve a dual function for those staying at the cabin all night. You know those times in the middle of the night when you just don't want to go out into the cold to get to the out house. Also they work as water wings (life preservers) should the Columbia flood. A good boy scout is always prepared. :banghead:

Nick....i prefer to think of the jugs as leftover moonshine containers from a now defunct still that was operating out there!

Joe

Nick....i prefer to think of the jugs as leftover moonshine containers from a now defunct still that was operating out there!

Joe

If you look some of those are not water bottles but a chemical commonly used to make meth...think about it. Nice quiet place, heat source and you have the makings of a real life "Breaking Bad" TV show.

TONY

Nice report. Good to hear you could ride more than a hour without needing to head back for lunch

Hey now!!! That was AT LEAST 2 hours... and yeah i was feelin a lil out of it that day :banghead:

If you look some of those are not water bottles but a chemical commonly used to make meth...think about it. Nice quiet place, heat source and you have the makings of a real life "Breaking Bad" TV show.

TONY

Thats too bad Tony, i was really expecting all visitors to pretty much have a good use for the place. I too just simply figured it was for empty water. Figuring people could carry out most small garbage, adn that u could pee outside...... but large water jugs take up space. So they tied em all down.

Dunno, thats my theory. :)

Great Pics, thanks for being trail boss and showing us around.

Great Pics, thanks for being trail boss and showing us around.

Dave, it would have been better with Tony or Nick... but they've shown me quite a few trails. Thanks for lettin me stick to the front with my ghetto goggles. :)

Nice seein ya, and meeting your buddies. Good people!

Hey, you guys were parked right next to me..lol (white gmc w/ ktm and tm, which got a broken case in the first hour.) Wish i would have known it was fellow T.T. guys.

I hear there'z a Poker Run out @ Mattawa this Sunday...Another riding buddy is going ....Charlie?? Darren?? Bueller?? whatta you boyz doing Sun.?????:)

Yup, I think I took a couple years off my clutch as well at the start of the day. That was a nice ravine to start off on. Thanks Dave! O well, had an awesome time. That was my first time over there and enjoyed every minute of it. Thanks for the pics and showing us the trails Darren!

BJ

Great pics Darren nice shooting, I had a blast there for my first trip, the husky did better than i thought it would out there anyways thanks for taking me out there man.:)

Yup, I think I took a couple years off my clutch as well at the start of the day. That was a nice ravine to start off on. Thanks Dave! O well, had an awesome time. That was my first time over there and enjoyed every minute of it. Thanks for the pics and showing us the trails Darren!

BJ

Its okay man. The morning ride vs afternoon was night and day. Cool you also wanted to ride after the flat :)

Great pics Darren nice shooting, I had a blast there for my first trip, the husky did better than i thought it would out there anyways thanks for taking me out there man.:banghead:

Damn Jason, you didnt even give me a hard time about my "nudge" ........."He owns a Husky so he's sure to bring tools"........... damn ididnt even get ya goin :banghead:

On a real note, you rocked the husky quite well. I think those guys would agree. See ya ina few days.

I hear there'z a Poker Run out @ Mattawa this Sunday...Another riding buddy is going ....Charlie?? Darren?? Bueller?? whatta you boyz doing Sun.?????:)

Darn! Going to look at houses sunday. A pokeher run would be alota fun out there. What are you guys doing next weekend?

Darn! Going to look at houses sunday. A pokeher run would be alota fun out there. What are you guys doing next weekend?

Fringe is holding a poker run on both Saturday the 21st and Sunday the 22nd. I am considering the Saturday Poker run.

BJ

Hey BJ, always better to start slow, next time we will find some harder stuff so you don't get bored:moon:

Might not make it this weekend either.....and now Softball season is here..:) I could be MIA for awhile..:banghead: