A nice day to lose 2.1 MILLLION ACRES - ACTION ALERT

Well, thats good to hear, about the manashtash/Beverly thing, but what about the area south of Moses Lake? Are you talking down near goldendale? Becuase those tracks are privetly owned i thought? Or are you talking about the area that surronds it, the real rocky trail lined mountains? but where is this designated area? like in the midwestern-eastern part of the US? When is it being voted on for the senate House of reps.. anyone know?
I am speaking of several areas in the southeastern portion of the state. The one I am most familiar with is the area south of Moses Lake and east of Mattawa called Saddle Mountain, that may be used during parts of the Desert 100 back about 30 years ago. It is still open to OHV's, as far I know. The problem is that the bill is so vague that it allows the National Park Service to gobble up what ever land they feel is necessary to estabilish the park... in the worst case senario that's every piece of US Government owned land that was once affected by the Ice Age floods of ancient Lake Missoula... all the way to the Pacific Ocean This is every chunk of public, not state owned, land south and east of the Columbia into Idaho and Montana and along the Columbia into Oregon then on to the coast. They are even willing to use the current road structure, much like the Lewis and Clark Interpretive Trail does.

Information is on this link. I really can't get into the language, as it appears to me that the project is so broad they don't want to get into any details. Even the study from a linked site is very vague.

I'm not sure about the House revote... it is a revote, as the House had already passed this, then the Senate attached the bill to the Revolutionary War and War of 1812 Battlefields Act. Which I'm sure was doen to make sure any Northeastern Reps would be forced to vote for it or be deemed un-patriotic.

I think the Congress has their hands full with the AIG thing. But, you never know when they'll slip it in.

-Kerry

yeah....whats teh deal? I heard the omnibus was passed?

Then again, wasnt there legislastion out recently to expand riding areas by thousands of acres? I definately remember hearing about that a month or so ago.

in the stimulus bill there was a provision in there for trails.

however democrats historicly side with enviromentalists,now with a majority in both houses this is what should be expected closeures.

BUMPED again.

Even if YOUR riding area may not be closed, the people whose areas ARE closed will soon be coming to YOUR area. Is your riding area crowded now? What do you think it will be like if this legislation passes? WRITE NOW!

• 3 weeks later...

This is gonna piss a lot of folks off in Arizona... CAREFULLY READ THE LINK BELOW.

http://www.azgfd.gov/outdoor_recreation/ohvFAQ.shtml

NO RECKLESS OPERATION OFF ROAD! NONE, PEIOD!

THIS IS B.S.!

KISS YOUR WHEELIES, DONUTS, JUMPING DAYS GOOD BYE.

I'M MAD AS HELL! NOT TO MENTION ALL THE B.S. FEES FOR THE OHV STICKER ON TOP OF MY STREET REGISTRATION STICKER FOR MY DUAL SPORT!!!! ***!