Sign in to follow this  

is ttr125LE good bike for GF?

I want to get my gf into riding...she wants to as well. Im selling my 07 yz450 and realized that i could get a good amount of cash and get her something to ride. I tried teaching her clutch on my 450 and it was too scary for the both of us.

So im gettin close to making a deal with someone for an 05 ttr125LE. My gf is 5'11" and 140 lbs. Waddaya guys think? I want it for her to learn clutch on and just to come riding sometimes. I dont want it to overpower her but at the same time i dont want it to be painfully slow. Any suggestions?

i think the 125ttr will be perfect!

i am 6'1 and 185 and a cousin of mine had 2 so i learned on it, he told me how everything works, i hopped on and watched him demonstrate how to shift etc.

i kept on it and it is an easy bike to move around and ride.

even with me on that bike looking like a giant on a mini bike, it had enough power to lift me up hills, jumps, about anything u can throw at it

great bike to learn on in my opinion, then progress to higher cc bikes

My son is 5'10 and around 140 lbs. He looks like a giraffe trying to ride a tricycle when he is on his 125. The bike has decent power for a beginner but anybody tall is not going to be comfortable riding it for long. We raised the bars but it is nearly impossible for him to stand up without leaning way back down to reach the bars. He is all legs right now and can flat foot the bike without touching the seat so I would have her try one out before buying one.

On the positive side, they are dirt cheap so you could buy a used one and sell it in a few months without taking a beating.

I appreciate all the suggestions. Well, the thing is is that im not looking to spend too much money. If I could chose any bike, it would be like a ttr2xx or xr200 or something like that. Theres gonna have to be some flexibilty as to what fits her, but mainly I want her to be safe and just learn how to ride.

she actually fit on my 450 pretty easily. Teaching a girl how to ride a dirtbike on a 450 is like teaching someone how to fly on an F16.

i guess ill just wait until i go and see the thing and see how it fits on me. If i feel like i can ride it, then shell be fine.