Sign in to follow this  

Eddieville Race reports?

So...how did TT racer's do at the 1st race weekend at Eddieville? I heard the weather was downright nasty. Any pics?

mx813

Yeah, I'm wondering about race results myself. I had a little accident Friday night :) and felt it would be best if I did not race this weekend.

Well the weather was definitely an issue. We got to the track around 7:30 to get ready for my son 8:30 start, at the riders meet Scott took a vote of the riders to see if they wanted to hold of the start until 11:00 to give them time to work the track. The track had a nice shine on the surface, and if you have ridin Eddieville you know shinny dirt is not your friend:smirk:

So after they worked the track, the short course got started at 11:00 the first lap was a little slimy but got better as the race went on UNTIL he rain returned. Finished with 4 lap's and son got in 3(found him upside down on the side hill). Got back to the truck and tried to remove some of the mud to load up. After watching the start(in the rain) of the AA we headed home.

Spent $12.00 at the car wash to remove the concrete from our bike and still have at least 2hrs per bike of cleaning to do:banghead:

Thanks to the otbg for trying to make it the best they could.

Here is some pictures my wife took.

Eddieville pictures

I went over to Goldendale on Friday, I was already sick, thinking with rest Saturday, fluids, and sleep, that I will be better for Sunday. So my Raceday, went like this: Woke up for the riders meeting. Went back to the motorhome, & napped. Woke up an hour before my race, couldn't see straight all congested, decided to take this one as a drop. Went back to sleep. Work up checked to see how the girls were doing for a lap, then went back to the motorhome to sleep. Woke up to check to see how a friend was doing in long course....went to sleep.Woke up right before we left for 15 min or so, to put some things away...went to sleep. Slept all the way to longview..somehow I managed to stay awake for 2 hours to drive home. That's my race report!:)

I went over to Goldendale on Friday, I was already sick, thinking with rest Saturday, fluids, and sleep, that I will be better for Sunday. So my Raceday, went like this: Woke up for the riders meeting. Went back to the motorhome, & napped. Woke up an hour before my race, couldn't see straight all congested, decided to take this one as a drop. Went back to sleep. Work up checked to see how the girls were doing for a lap, then went back to the motorhome to sleep. Woke up to check to see how a friend was doing in long course....went to sleep.Woke up right before we left for 15 min or so, to put some things away...went to sleep. Slept all the way to longview..somehow I managed to stay awake for 2 hours to drive home. That's my race report!:)

Thats a fine ride BTRG :banghead:

After loosing count of how many times I had to either pick myself up after high speed cross rutting or stopping to get the concrete out of my brake pedal, I finished 3rd Vet A. Half wore out desert IT's and Enduro suspension settings were a poor bad decision. 11 hours of driving and 3 hours of racing. :)

some random pics from the pit area.......that'd be the mud pit, otherwise known as the "cookie dough mixed with wet concret pit" which tasted

a lot more like concrete!!!

my race was great til i decided to lay my bike down and roll around like a pig in slop-which cost me a trophy:foul:

DSC06555.jpgDSC06559.jpg[/img]DSC06560.jpgDSC06558.jpg

Mmm.. Mattawa was great this weekend.. No mud, light choco dirt, and a slight breeze to blow the minuscule amount of the dust present out of your way..

70+ miles on Saturday in a little under 4 hrs with one lunch break.. Good workout :)

Saturday at Eddieville was awesome. Almost no rain and just a few muddy sections. New course tweaks made things more interesting. Sunday, of course, was a different story, but still a lot of fun. The biggest challenges for me were a) dealing with a fouled plug just before Saturday's race and :) actually missing the start by 20 minutes on Sunday when they changed the start time to 11 (and still getting 2nd place in my class).

Rain or shine, I wish organizers would just start races when they say they are going to (11 a.m. is not the same as 11:30 a.m.). But, hey, at least I got my beauty rest.

Saturday was awesome. I rode 50 expert which was part of the Am class that started around 11:00 AM. Track was great, the start was a bit dusty, most of the GP and MX course offered great traction with some good loam and berms that made for very fast riding. Grass track was a bit slick but very fun. Of course a couple of boggy areas as always, but nothing too bad. The new "double track" area was a bit slow especially if you got behind a slower rider because you could not change lines. The new gravel road section was a bit scary when pinned in 5th gear due to the large size gravel. It probably felt worse that it actually was. Not a single drop of rain until we left the track. Checked my air filter last night and it is was lightly covered with dust. We hit rain on the way out just minutes from the course. Sunday had to be completely different than Saturday. I am glad we rode on Saturday vs Sunday.

- Bono

'06 WR/CR Husqvarna

I rode Saturday and felt the course was great. Very little dust, mostly in the first 1/4 mile of the start and then everything was pretty good. Loved the lower grass track section, good place to make good time unless you pushed it like some folks and wound up spun on your butt. I woke up Sunday at 5:30 to make the race from The Dalles only to get there and have it postponed, sounds like this was a good decision though. Since I had a long drive for the day, just decided to help out with the course and then head home. Sounds like that was a good decision with all of the mud problems on Sunday. Sunday didn't get near the turnout that i thought it would with the Washington folks showing up, but O'well. Can't wait for Starvation in two weeks!!

2 1/2 Hours of cleaning the bike and gear....Scott should market that muddy shit as quick drying concrete adhesive...I can't believe how tuff that crud was to get off...oh well back to prepping for the next race..

2 1/2 Hours of cleaning the bike and gear....Scott should market that muddy shit as quick drying concrete adhesive...I can't believe how tuff that crud was to get off...oh well back to prepping for the next race..

I have about 6 hours into clean our two bikes:banghead: Can't wait to be able to just rinse off the bikes after the White Knuckle:thumbsup:

I have about 6 hours into clean our two bikes:banghead: Can't wait to be able to just rinse off the bikes after the White Knuckle:thumbsup:

I agree!!:)

BTW, forgot to post AA Pro podium was:

1 Lance Smail

2 Brandon Johnson

3 Eric Forsberg

Saturday at Eddieville was awesome. Almost no rain and just a few muddy sections. New course tweaks made things more interesting. Sunday, of course, was a different story, but still a lot of fun. The biggest challenges for me were a) dealing with a fouled plug just before Saturday's race and :) actually missing the start by 20 minutes on Sunday when they changed the start time to 11 (and still getting 2nd place in my class).

Rain or shine, I wish organizers would just start races when they say they are going to (11 a.m. is not the same as 11:30 a.m.). But, hey, at least I got my beauty rest.

Anyone that doesn't show up at least an hour before the start of an offroad race is taking a chance on not getting signed up if there's a line.

I pushed the start 30 minutes to try to beat the rain.

We always tell people to be there at least an hour early.....

Sorry we rushed you.

Scott

Anyone that doesn't show up at least an hour before the start of an offroad race is taking a chance on not getting signed up if there's a line.

I pushed the start 30 minutes to try to beat the rain.

We always tell people to be there at least an hour early.....

Sorry we rushed you.

Scott

Thanks. I understand the reasoning in this case. I'm sure there weren't a lot of knuckleheads like me who showed up with no time to spare. You did the right thing for everyone else. Since I still managed to pull 2nd in my class and had a good time, it's moot in any case.

I will be an hour early (at least) next go round, dammit. :)

Brian

Since I still managed to pull 2nd in my class and had a good time, it's moot in any case.

Brian

With a 20 min late start and still pulling a 2nd place, maybe you can answer a question???

What bags work best for sand.. Nylon or burlap?? :banghead:

:) sorry man, just being a smart ase