Sign in to follow this  

Comparing DS80 to a '04 crf80, pit bike opinions

Hello, This may seem like a crazy comparison. Keep in mind I ride a 450 and I am 6 feet.

I have a DS80 as a pit bike. I was thinking of getting a little bigger bike, problem is I have never riden a crf80. I like the two stroke power and ride with another guy that has a xl75 and I want to keep it even.

- Can anybody give an opinion on the difference between the DS and the CRF? Suspension/power

- Any bad years of CRF80's.

Thank you for your time

Hello, This may seem like a crazy comparison. Keep in mind I ride a 450 and I am 6 feet.

I have a DS80 as a pit bike. I was thinking of getting a little bigger bike, problem is I have never riden a crf80. I like the two stroke power and ride with another guy that has a xl75 and I want to keep it even.

- Can anybody give an opinion on the difference between the DS and the CRF? Suspension/power

- Any bad years of CRF80's.

Thank you for your time

I've had two DS80s (1979 and 1991) and two XR100s (both 1984s with twin shocks). The suspension on the DS and the XR80/100 is pretty close to the same. The DS has quite a bit more power than either the 80 or the 100 and it's more fun to ride because it wheelies so easily.

The best years of the 80/100 is after it went from points to CDI which was 1993 or something (someone else fill in that detail for me). Other than that, the XR80 motor is pretty much the same for almost 30 years.

"O"

Thank you for the input, I feel the crf will not have the snap just as you said as well as the fun factor. mine is a 1980 but its old school fun. thank you :)