Sign in to follow this  

How many of you have Re valved your L's shock?

I'm in the process of getting my bike spring for my weight. Since there's not much more you can do with the stock forks,(new springs, heavier oil), I'm getting that done. I'm also putting a 12 spring on the shock. Stock is 10.5, so the 12 is a pretty big jump from stock. IT would seem that the shock should be revalved to accomodate the heavier spring.

So, how many of you just went with the heavier spring, and didn't revalve and how did you like it? Did you wish you had revalved?

How many did the heavier spring and revalve and saw a HUGE improvemnt?

i would talk to BWB63 before you assume that theres not much to do with regards to the forks! im sure he can help you out with valving

As for needing to revalve the shock just cause your changing the spring for your weight, i would say that its not required but i would suggest a fresh oil change if it has maybe a year or more of riding, i see yours is 08 so if youve had for more than 1 whole year get the oil changed and when you install new spring set your sag correctly and see how you like it first before you go and get it revalved. With correct spring rate it will feel and work better than an over/under sprung shock

I was talking to GassyPhil and he agreed, we need a "L" suspension page. That way everyone that wants to talk "L" suspension will have pictures of all that is inside. When it comes to shims stacks it isn't that hard to fallow with about four charts from Stock, light duty to heavy duty, the rest enyone can figure out if they took the time to look at what is going on. Forks on the "L" is a "picture is need here" to explane. So, once there is a page to go by it is a waist of time to talk "what do I need to do to my "L" suspension - thread"

Anyone that would want to take the time to read the "R" suspension page would get the idea and could do it if they can turn a wrench the right direction. We need the same thing for the "L".

Isn't the 600R more or less the same as the L shock? I'd like to see it since I need to make some changes to my shock as well. I have a heavier spring and while it's way better than the stock spring, I'm sure that my shock could benefit from a few changes.

hey bruce maybe we could get together and use both setups that you and i have and do some pictorial stuff, or anyone else too, would be cool to hang with you and maybe do some stuff together with whoever local wants to try and learn the insides and workings of the suspension? then we could post up in FAQ section for others around the globe!

Id be down to bring mine on either or both bikes maybe and tear em apart

That would be cool. When we set something up like that, the suspensions (forks & shock) would have to be off the bikes.......having all those pigs in one pen may cause cross breading. All the time would be waisted taking the bikes apart. Maybe we could all meet at some central place? I bring all the tools? Well anyways it would depend on how many.

XR6 is very simular.

i just bumped up my compression & rebound a click or two and reset the sag after adding the Eibach 11.5 :)

but sum fresh oil and tweak'n the stack wudn't hurt :banghead:

adding a Gold Valve(rebound) to the forks is fairly common mod on these style of forks.

:banghead:

i just bumped up my compression & rebound a click or two and reset the sag after adding the Eibach 11.5 :)

but sum fresh oil and tweak'n the stack wudn't hurt :banghead:

adding a Gold Valve(rebound) to the forks is fairly common mod on these style of forks.

:banghead:

SHUSH UP noones asking you!!

YES BRUCE of course they should and will be off bikes and meet somewhere, say your house for tea and lunch?? LOL

But i think thats a good idear! and maybe even invite the STALKER Phil

I've got a spare set of L forks and have all the parts needed for a rebuild, including Gold Valves, Progressive Springs, seals and all the other miscellaneous bits and pieces. I just keep on putting off tearing into them because I've never done front forks before, plus I don't have the right tools for the job. If anyone's interested in using my forks for the ones to use for the "Patient" for the project, I'd be willing to pay the shipping both ways and the labor costs for doing it. :)

I was talking to GassyPhil and he agreed, we need a "L" suspension page. That way everyone that wants to talk "L" suspension will have pictures of all that is inside. When it comes to shims stacks it isn't that hard to fallow with about four charts from Stock, light duty to heavy duty, the rest enyone can figure out if they took the time to look at what is going on. Forks on the "L" is a "picture is need here" to explane. So, once there is a page to go by it is a waist of time to talk "what do I need to do to my "L" suspension - thread"

Anyone that would want to take the time to read the "R" suspension page would get the idea and could do it if they can turn a wrench the right direction. We need the same thing for the "L".

hey bruce maybe we could get together and use both setups that you and i have and do some pictorial stuff, or anyone else too, would be cool to hang with you and maybe do some stuff together with whoever local wants to try and learn the insides and workings of the suspension? then we could post up in FAQ section for others around the globe!

Id be down to bring mine on either or both bikes maybe and tear em apart

That would be cool. When we set something up like that, the suspensions (forks & shock) would have to be off the bikes.......having all those pigs in one pen may cause cross breading. All the time would be waisted taking the bikes apart. Maybe we could all meet at some central place? I bring all the tools? Well anyways it would depend on how many.

XR6 is very simular.

...six months later and we're STILL WAITING! :busted:

:banana:

:banana: