Sign in to follow this  

keeping boots shiny

How do you guys keep you riding boots shiny? do you use some sort of polish or wax? as soon as i got mine dirty once, they were never as shiny as before. any tips?

How do you guys keep you riding boots shiny? do you use some sort of polish or wax? as soon as i got mine dirty once, they were never as shiny as before. any tips?

Rinse with hose - spray down with Simple Green - let soak - scrub with dish brush - rinse again and let dry. They always look almost new. Your welcome. :) N Edge

• Like 2

I just wash mine good with simple green and the pressure washer after each ride. They take a lot of abuse so I don't expect them to stay 100% pristine after a few rides. They do still look almost new though from just keeping them clean and taking can to get all the dry and caked mud off them.

Boots will last a long time if taken care of well.

• Like 2

I walk through a stream to wash mine if they need it. Shiny doesn't make you ride any better. I look at it like this: Contractor highers a new foreman. Foreman shows up his first day in brand new boots, jeans, shirt, with brand new tool belt and tools. What are the employees going to think? Just ride brother. Worrying about trivial stuff will only give you ulcers. :)

Good advice from the other 2 numskulls above me. :banghead:

• Like 1

As I wash my bike after a ride I use a long round scrub brush to get in all the nooks and cranny's I also use it on my boots. White alpinestars needs a good scrubbing after a ride or they turn brownish-grey.

meguires tire shine works wonders on old boots after a good washing ! I spray all my plastics with it and makes the bike look like new ! Just don't spray the seat !

I spray mine down with simple green then dry them off and wipe them down with meguires leather conditioner. They look like they did when i bought them! The leather conditioner will also keep the leather from cracking and prolong the life of your boots.

I walk through a stream to wash mine if they need it. Shiny doesn't make you ride any better. I look at it like this: Contractor highers a new foreman. Foreman shows up his first day in brand new boots, jeans, shirt, with brand new tool belt and tools. What are the employees going to think? Just ride brother. Worrying about trivial stuff will only give you ulcers. :)

:p Or you could just do that. Sure I'm a numskull, but at least I'm a clean numskull. :foul::banghead:

• Like 1

If you want shiny dirt bike parts/accessories that always look new:

don't use them. :)

I'm more of a function over form kinda guy. I keep my boots clean, using a hose and a plastic brush, but I don't bother with buffing the plastic to keep it shiny.

I walk through a stream to wash mine if they need it. Shiny doesn't make you ride any better. I look at it like this: Contractor highers a new foreman. Foreman shows up his first day in brand new boots, jeans, shirt, with brand new tool belt and tools. What are the employees going to think? Just ride brother. Worrying about trivial stuff will only give you ulcers. :banghead:

Good analogy. You can also look at a guy's garage. If it's totally spick and span, he spends too much time worrying about a clean garage than a functional one...

Good analogy. You can also look at a guy's garage. If it's totally spick and span, he spends too much time worrying about a clean garage than a functional one...

I keep my garage a bit dirty so others aren't impressed and don't want to bring their stuff over for me to work on :) I like to keep my bike and gear spotless with the exception of when I am riding . I feel alot better about riding a clean bike that I can see all the fastners are tight on !

dont get dirty (dont ride through mud, dirt or dust) :) lol jk... spray em off and use tire shine!

well dirt makes things dirty. So they will always be dirty. Want shiny and new, well buy new boots every week. haha. to get them clean i just use soap scrub brush and pressure washer

Wrap them in a plastic film to keep them new and shiny. Shopping bags and some tape might work:lol: :)