Sign in to follow this  

The waiting is the hardest part

I've got parts in the shipping system right now for two bikes, my XT550 and a build up that my kid and I are doing.

Both are supposed to arrive Thursday.

The XT parts are what I hope is the last set of things to replace before I can make it street legal and safe. I found out about a week ago the forks were bent, I've put nearly a hundred miles on the dirt with hideously bent forks. (this explains the straight bars, left turn though).

The project bike parts, I just want them in my hands to so I know they fit. I think they will, I hope they will, but I won't know until I have them. If they don't fit, I need to do more research, if they do, I need to do seat-of-the-pants research.

I think I'm gonna lose my mind.:)

How do you all pass the time for moments like this?

I think I'm gonna lose my mind.:)

How do you all pass the time for moments like this?

Ya get a life...

:banghead:

Just Kidding! I, too, am waiting on, not parts, but service. I sent my Hodaka cylinder off today to be bored over, and it'll take 2 weeks, I'm sure. Lots of other work to do on the restoration, but I can't finish up the motor without it.

wait wait wait wait

I mean, I guess I could spend time with the gf, but she always wants to go shopping.

I think I'd rather amputate a limb with a dull spoon than go shopping.

Two weeks for an overbore? Wow. I think I'd call a few other machine shops to see if anyone else can do it faster.

Back orders kill me. I ordered new sprocket bolts after breaking a chain and chewing up the ones I had. They sent me three out of six. I'll admit that one was worse, but I figured it was the end of the season anyway, so there wasn't much to look forward to.