Sign in to follow this  

05 stock gas tank on 08 450X

Tried searching but got no hits. A friend has the stock 2.5 gallon tank from an '05 crf450x and I was wondering if anyone knew if it would fit my '08? The extra .6 gallons would be nice but not if I can't bolt up my radiator shrouds or it won't fit in the frame.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Gordon

Tried searching but got no hits. A friend has the stock 2.5 gallon tank from an '05 crf450x and I was wondering if anyone knew if it would fit my '08? The extra .6 gallons would be nice but not if I can't bolt up my radiator shrouds or it won't fit in the frame.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Gordon

the shrouds will not fit, but the '05 gas tank will drop right in. (05-09 has the same frame)

thanks guys and let me guess, if I change the tank out the 05-07 shrouds won't fit the 08x either?

thanks guys and let me guess, if I change the tank out the 05-07 shrouds won't fit the 08x either?

you're correct.

The 05 tank is really 2.5 gals?

the '05 tank has a 2.27 gallon capacity.

I put a 05 tank on my 09 and the shrouds for a 05 too. The fuel lines from the tank to the shut off valve are different also. The 09 hoses will work but they are almost too short. So I put 05 hoses on too. I got the tank for free and the shrouds for $20. I don't know if the amount you gain is worth spending much money for. I guess if you would run out on the 1.9 gal tank you might pay a lot for a small amount. I thought Honda spec. for the 05 is at 2.49 gal. So are they smaller than that?

I thought Honda spec. for the 05 is at 2.49 gal. So are they smaller than that?

2.27 gallons, bud.

OK, that answers all of my questions, I also thought the '05 was 2.49 gallons so it's not really worth doing for that little gain if it is 2.27. Thanks again for the prompt replies. Always a great source of information here.