Sign in to follow this  

Great Appreciation for People on TT

Last Saturday my 10 year old and I went riding. I love my CRF230f but as all things mechanical, Problems can arise. We were playing in the dirt when my bike died. Quick inspection I saw gas coming out of the carb overflow. So, I pushed the bike all of the way back to the staging area. WHEW!!!

Got home and started searching the forums. I am by no means a major mechanic. I now know so much more about carburetors. I found a very small piece of junk in my float valve. It was stuck well enough that compressed air wouldn't move it. I used a guitar string to get it out. What started out as a daunting task turned into a great success because I was able to fix my own bike and save money too. I can't wait to save up and do the power up kit with new exhaust. At any rate, thanks to all of you who help the rest of us by posting your wisdom and experience.

Damn straight. Well over half of what I know about my bike, I learned here, and from links given here. The rest of my knowledge is from one other forum and the shop manual. Most of the "help" I post on TT is just me parroting advice the experts have given, which by experimentation I found to be correct.

think of all the money youll save now doing your own maint. =]

that would have at least costed you 1-2 hrs of shop time, if they knew what it was.

and shops going rate (at least around here) $75-100 an/hr

thats alot of weekend rides

Dwight Rudder

coeshow

heybuddy1901

ExploringWA

crf150f guy

Commander Jesus

This is a small list of the folks whom I pay attention to what they post. They seem to know thier way around "OUR" bikes. Being new to bikes in general, I'm amazed at how much info is here. It's nice to read about everybody's "trials and tribulations" from time to time, because I know that eventually, it will be me seeking answers and advice.