Sign in to follow this  

e-start just stopped working!!!!

Started my bike with the electric start yesterday with no problem. Let the engine warm up. Killed the engine and tried to start it again. NOTHING!!! Not even a click, just nothing. Please help, I can't do without it!!!!!!!!!

Fuse? If there is no click the starter relay is either not getting any juice or is shot. Sounds like maybe the starter switch is bad. I would first check the main fuse then the starter switch. HTH. If it kick starts the main fuse is good.

Do you have a steering damper? Its happened to a couple of us where the post mount smacks the ignition connector mounted on the cable guide. It smashes the wires, insulation gets peeled back and the post mount shorts them out, sometimes blowing the solenoid fuse under the left rear panel.. sometimes not. Mine actually burnt out my button before I caught it.

Otherwise, like they have said above, check the fuse and connections... maybe charge the battery:p

I'll try all of these. Thanks for the info.

BTW, where the hell is the main fuse?

I'll try all of these. Thanks for the info.

BTW, where the hell is the main fuse?

remove left number plate, there is a box where the + cable connects to, fuse is on top under a cover that says FUSE. on the bottom is a spare fuse.

if its blown don't just repalce the fuse, it will blow again. find out where the short is.