Which tires to run ?

I've got a plated KTM 525 MXC.

What knobbies do you guys reccomend to run that should last a bit and not wear out too fast if I'm dual sporting it ?

I'm going to ride about 30% asphalt and the rest is going to be fire roads and Ocotillo Wells.

Do I look for a hard tire like the Maxxis Desert IT or go for an intermediate tire ?

Right now I have my supermoto setup on it.

Thank you in advance for your feedback guys.

As far as I know, to ride street, the tire must be DOT approved. If it were me, I would have separate tires for street and dirt. I have not met anyone yet that has had a lot of luck with knobbies lasting on the street. Not too many dual sporters around my area though. Out in Calli it may be different.

YDOGSFLY,

As for the DOT, I'm not worried about it, I've never gotten hassled for tires on any other of my bikes and I do have different tires for the street. I have my supermoto setup. But to get to the fireroads, Santiago Canyon, Big Bear, etc. you have to ride paved streets and highways to get to the dirt. I'm not going to commute on them, but I also don't want to go through a set of tires super quick either.

• 10 months later...