Sign in to follow this  

Widest Street Tire on an S

Looks like it will still be a couple months months before I get around to converting my S to a true SM. In the mean time I need new tires BAD!

I'm currently running the DeathWings, and by all means they are a decent street tire, But would like to switch to something more street oriented.

Been eying the Avon Distanzia Good looking tire, good reviews from what I've read.

The DRZ S Stock Tires size are

FRONT: 80/100-21

REAR: 120/90-18

My question is what's the Widest Tire you can put on an S both front and rear?

I've read that 150 will fit in the Rear but that seems to only come from the SM Guys, Is this true on S Rims ?

Can you even go to a wider tire in the front ?

Thanks

"S" - 90/90 is as big as can go on the front 1.60 rim. That is oversize per fitment charts but is often used and works fine. 120/80 is as big as you should go for the rear 2.15 rim. Dirt bikers go bigger but for street it is more important to pay attention to proper fit. SM uses much wider rims to fit wider tires.

im in the same exact spot ur in.... i wanna know if the 150 will fit on my S

figured it would be eaiser with the wider tire for stuntin :-)

I run 140's on my S, but those are knobbies. For street use on a street tire I wouldn't run anything larger than the 120 rear or you'll more than likely just end up with a really crappy handling motorcycle (because the too-wide-for-the-rim tire will just end up with a really funky profile from being squeezed onto the rim).

What u running up front with that ? Looks like a real nice tire. Does pirelli make a front also to go with?

Yes, the matching 90/90 A/T 21" tire. :moon: