Sign in to follow this  

I think carb first or full exhaust? (07 drz-sm)

Correct me if I'm wrong...

After reading a boat load about our bikes I concluded the following:

I beleive my end result would have these reputable upgrades; fcr39, full system exhaust, 3x3 mod, K&N air, re-usable oil filter.

Questions:

Did I miss anything above?

Is the carb the #1 mod here?

I'm assuming it requires the 3x3 as well?

Will I be ok with the jets that come with this carb until I get the full exhaust? (Riding sea level to 1000ft)

The difference between the RS2 and RS3 is only that the RS3 is all stainless? Is the RS3 street legal?

Thanks

I would ditch the K&N and just get a TwinAir filter if you plan on doing ANY offroad.

Carb requires 3x3 (exactly) if you want to use Burned jetting. Can't remember what jetting comes with the TT kit.

The RS2 and RS3 are both stainless. Neither are street legal (not a big issue). The 2 will bolt up to your SM w/o any trouble. The 3 is pretty easy to fit, but is designed to fit the E model.

Here is what I did 3x3 mod full yoshi and jet kit

but your right do the FCR-MX and 3x3 first and then the pipe

unless you can do it all at once.

my bike is like this now with a power increase that I can feel.

in saying that I orderd the FCR last week and waiting for it

I think the MRD from Eddie is better than Yoshi and cheeper look into it

txrider - yes will be riding dirt, actually my 1st purchase after I got it was a dirt wheelset for it.

keegan - I'll look into that pipe again, I thought I read that it was noticibly louder than the Yoshi?

Thanks all for the quick responses, I wasn't even close to finishing my sandwich here after I posted, awesome!

if sammiches are involved then you should get along with william1 well.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmm sammiches. today, I had a suated ham, roast beef turkey with wafer thin slices of provalone on a french loaf with cole slaw......

That sammich sounds fantastic, we'll get along just fine!

From what I've read the RS2 might be better suited for me...the MRD seems to be a bit loud. I ride mostly highway when I commute to work...do you agree I'm leaning in the right direction here?

I'll have to check my jetting needs and reference what comes with the carb...the carb is out of stock here : (. Does buying a new carb still require the o-ring mod anyway, not that it seems like a big deal?

Pipe choice is largely a personal thing. I prefered the stock system and kept it on my bike even though I had a new Yosh Ti. I did a big bore, stroker, RHC cams. Finally broke down and put the Yosh on.

All the FCR's, except newer Honda ones, need the oring or stiffer spring.