Sign in to follow this  

Fork Seals

Which way does the seal go? I think the retainer Spring looking thing is supposed to go towards the dust/wiper?

2007 CRF250R

take a look inside the seal. There are one or two sealing lips. the bigger (open) part of the lip has to show towards the oil:

|

|\

| \

|

oilseal.jpg

That makes sense, I will see if the old ones are still in the trash or I might have to try use a hook tool and pull one down. I think I have them in right but they are sill leaking so maybe I havent set them hard enough.

the spring looking thing on the dust seal faces down. there are matching marks on the dust and oil seal which face each other.

i just did my seals last week, it is very important to seat the bushing all the way before pushing the seals in

I dug my old ones out of the trash and I am confident I have them installed right, I definately got the bushing's seated well. I think they were still leaking a little from not getting the seals seated good enough. So I fashioned a tool from PVC pipe with my grinder and got some good taps on them to seat them better and more effeciently. Should be able to ride this weekend and see if that worked.