Sign in to follow this  

Anyone Try race gas with a big-bore KLX?

Hey everyone, I recently found a gas station in my area that supplies 110 octane race gas. It runs about 8$/gallon but i figured i'd run a tank to see if i noticed any difference. By the way I have a very highly modified KLX with a 5 angle valve job, cams, kustom kraft big bore, etc. When I ran this race gas I noticed improved acceleration and almost NO backfiring upon decel. Before the big bore kit and muzzy exhaust, I never had backfires but after I went big and got the exhaust I started hearing backfires always upon decel. I assume this is because the kustom kraft has a higher compression ratio than stock. Anyone else have positive experience with this gas. And by the way although the bike performed better, it was not good enough for me to buy this gas regularly.

Did the big bore kit increase the compression ratio or did they supply a piston that was partially dished to retain the original compression ratio.

Back firing on decelleration is usually caused by a lean condition. Try backing the pilot screw out a bit.

Ride on

Brewster