Sign in to follow this  

Omnibus Land Bill CALL NOW!

The Senate will vote on this issue at 2pm (eastern). Call your Senators now to urge them to oppose this bill that would end your families ability to enjoy our wilderness areas by motorized vehicle.

Many families use this time for critical bonding, excercise, and wilderness education. Urge them not to lock you, and the thousands of others like you, out of these public lands.

Please, follow this link http://www.amadirectlink.com/legisltn/rapidresponse.asp

to determine who your Senator is, and call their office and voice your concern. Do it now.

• Like 1

Todays vote, scheduled for 5:30pm, is a vote on "cloture". Cloture means ending discussion. You may be able to watch the vote live on C_SPAN2 , Directv channel 351.

Ride on

Brewster

Todays vote, scheduled for 5:30pm, is a vote on "cloture". Cloture means ending discussion. You may be able to watch the vote live on C_SPAN2 , Directv channel 351.

Ride on

Brewster

I know it sounds crazy but in this political climate, I have been watching Cspan lately. It is amazing how much clarity you get on the issues by listening to both sides of the debate. I did not get a chance to watch the Omnibus debate - working. I will try to look up the results and post here.

The cloture vote passed yesterday. From what I gather this means they can have up to 30 hours to debate the merits of the bill before it is put to vote. No more ammendments or modifications, it will need 2/3 majority to pass or fail. So unless I have surmised incorrectly, it's still in limbo.

If the repulicans don't vote against it the dems will ram rod it thru. F'n Harry Reid, what a bastard. It already failed in the house last Friday, now this asshat has attached it to an unrelated house bill H.R.146 The Battleground Protection Act. One of these days somebody is going to get pissed off enough to go on a rampage. Where's the popcorn so we can sit and watch...:)

The cloture vote passed yesterday. From what I gather this means they can have up to 30 hours to debate the merits of the bill before it is put to vote. No more ammendments or modifications, it will need 2/3 majority to pass or fail. So unless I have surmised incorrectly, it's still in limbo.

It's being discussed now (Tuesday afternoon) in the senate and shown on C-SPAN2. It can still be ammended in the Senate. S22 has not yet been added to HR146 but will be shortly by Senator Bingaman. Senator Coburn ® has 6 other ammendments that he plans to add that will remove large sections of S22.

Ride on

Brewster

my senators are fienstien and boxer

no help there

• Like 1

my senators are fienstien and boxer

no help there

YEAH...worthless, eh??? Freakin' green-weenies.

If they had their way NO ONE would enter the 'wilderness', only be able to experience it 'virtually'. Like on a computer.

I'm currently watching C-SPAN 2.. has it happened yet? its currently on the Mexican problem.

They stopped the viewing of the senate floor at 5:00pm west coast time. There should be continued discussion tomorrow.

When it was on, the various speakers could change the topic of discussion. Many got up and bitched about the $$ million dollar bonus's at AIG, but none offered a solution...........typical of them.

Ride on

Brewster

Dear MXJunky:

Thank you for contacting me regarding S. 22, the Omnibus Public Land Management Act of 2009. It is good to hear your thoughts on this important piece of legislation.

As you may know, the Omnibus Public Land Management Act is a compilation of many individual bills within the jurisdiction of the Department of the Interior and the United States Department of Agriculture. These programs will help to conserve our nation's wilderness areas and expand access to these natural treasures for generations to come.

You may be interested to know that Omnibus Public Land Management Act contains several provisions that will directly benefit the State of Washington. Along with establishing funding for wildfire prevention and firefighter safety, this bill allows for a land transfer to facilitate the construction of a new fire and rescue station at Snoqualmie Pass. The current structure, built in the 1930's, is inadequate to meet the needs of one of the most travelled mountain passes in the country.

This bill also adds two extensive trail systems within the State of Washington to our national trails system - the Pacific Northwest National Scenic Trail and the Ice Age Floods National Geologic Trail. These trails will allow Washingtonians even more access to the natural beauty we are so fortunate to have in our state.

The Senate passed the Omnibus Public Land Management Act of 2009 on January 16, 2009 and the bill is now being considered by the House of Representatives. Be assured, I will continue to be a strong advocate for the protection of our nation's public lands and should related legislation come before the Senate I will certainly keep your thoughts in mind. If you would like to know more about my work in the Senate please sign up for my weekly updates at http://murray.senate.gov/updates.

I hope all is well in Vancouver.

I got the same form letter. I just called Congressmen Reichert's office in D.C.

Better call while you still can.

H.R. 146 passed in the Senate today by a vote of 77 to 20. It now moves back to the House of Representatives.

You can find out how to contact your Representative at this link: http://www.house.gov/house/MemberWWW_by_State.shtml

I urge you to PLEASE get involved. Ask your Representative to vote NO on H.R. 146!! We stand to lose access to over 2 million acres of public land unless we get involved.

What i sent to Heller. He is a stand up guy and seems to not go off on crazy tangents.

I urge you to vote NO on the upcoming HR 146 bill. As you know, the powers that be added the defeated S 22 Omnibus bill to HR 146 to try and get it passed. The public still can not see the details of this bill and we do not know what kind of provisions or other stuff has been added, but i think that WE the public and the people voting on the bill should be allowed to atleast read it before ramming it through.

It's a foregone conclusion at this point. The dems were admittedly going to get it through one way or another.

Just got this....I guess its time to put street tires on my bike. Glad I didnt buy a new one....

Dear BRC Action Alert Subscriber,

After months of bouncing back and forth between the U.S. Senate and U.S. House of Representatives, the Omnibus Public Lands Act of 2009 is tied up in the House and ready to be booted on to President Obama's desk for his signature. A detailed update is below.

Yes. Please continue to call your congressperson. Click here and enter your zip code. (www.sharetrails.org/rapid_response)

As always, if you have any questions, please call or email.

Brian Hawthorne

Public Lands Policy Director

BlueRibbon Coalition

208-237-1008 ext 102

Omnibus Update:

Some of the best reporting on public lands issues comes from James Coffin of Resources Publishing in Arlington, Virginia. This morning, Coffin published an excellent omnibus update in Public Lands News. He graciously gave me permission to re-print it in total. Learn more about Coffin and his publications at: http://www.publiclandsnews.com.

This is one of the major changes made so that the NRA would stop blocking the bill:

From the BRC, "..... Said Senate Energy Committee Chairman Jeff Bingaman (D-N.M.), "I understand that some members in the House of Representatives expressed concern that the portion of the bill pertaining to Wild and Scenic Rivers and National Trails and National Heritage Areas might somehow be construed to limit access for authorized hunting, fishing, and trapping activities."

So the Senate adopted this language, "Nothing in this title shall be construed as affecting access for recreational activities otherwise allowed by law or regulation, including hunting, fishing, or trapping......."

I wonder how the hunters/fisherman are going to get to their favorite spot without their ATVs and Jeeps? Gona be a long walk.

Sign in to follow this