Sign in to follow this  

wiseco piston arrow direction.

Ok I got it figured out now. The arrow on the piston is pointing toward the exhaust but it is located on top of the piston on the intake side pointing toward the exhaust side. I just thought since i put the arrow on the intake side it was pointed to that side instead of pointing toward exhaust. Anyone got a picture of the top of the wiseco piston showing this arrow pointing from intake toward exhaust? Does this sound right to you guys?

If your ever confused about the arrows direction look at the std piston before you take it out of the motor or look in your service manual and look at the front side and the rear side. One has a square edge and the other has a round edge.

I just did my top end last week, yes the arrow points forward torwards the front of the bike but it is all the way at the intake side of the piston... Different from what I have seen in the past but you installed it correctly.

Mine is that way and its got 4 hours on it since rebuild and it hasent blown up yet lol.

i know i dont know where all this arrow towards the intake is coming from.. the arrow is the direction of the flow.. that goes for anytime you seen an arrow, not even just on a piston..

and if u cant tell by the arrow look at the valve reliefs... larger diameter intake valves mean larger valve reliefs cut into the piston.. those are your two ways of determining how to install the piston on a 4-stroke mx bike.