Sign in to follow this  

Where to go in Grand Junction?

Making the 1st trip of the year the 1st weekend of April. Want to hit up the Grand Junction area. We will be trailer camping with 1 trailer and 1 rv. Which riding/camping location is best going to accomodate our situation. Also, looking for some good riding, not too technical. One guy and his wife will be on quads, and I am still a noob on a dirtbike. Love good scenery!! Thanks for all your suggestions in advance.

Making the 1st trip of the year the 1st weekend of April. Want to hit up the Grand Junction area. We will be trailer camping with 1 trailer and 1 rv. Which riding/camping location is best going to accomodate our situation. Also, looking for some good riding, not too technical. One guy and his wife will be on quads, and I am still a noob on a dirtbike. Love good scenery!! Thanks for all your suggestions in advance.

I would park at 27 1/4 rd. 29 rd has a lot of traffic on the weekend. More so than 27 1/4 rd. Go about 2 miles past the cattle guard, drive in past the moto-cross track and park up in the wash a ways. No one will bother you there and you will have the area mostly to your lonesome.

Regards,

Thanks a ton for the offer, but some of our group wants to avoid the getting stickers situation for utah. We did whitewash last year and had a BLAST. Also it is a perfect spot for the kids. ! If we change our plans and cross the border, I will be sure to let you know.

You might look into Rabbit Valley just west of town. Enough two track riding for a weekend and not so many Seth wanna-be yocals on the weekends. Some of the single track can be a little difficult to newbies but not too extreme.

Junction is best ridden mid week. 25 road get less traffic and should be quieter at night.

I agree with Thumpin, 25 road is fun, there has been a lot of crime (vandalism mostly) to trucks and trailers and such on 29 rd and 27 1/4 not to mention all the crazy parties, you may get bothered by police at night if you have a bonfire, they look for fires (indicating underage parties) and try to bust them, but if you go to 25 rd or even a little further west to 18 road there's tons of fun trails and you can just roam wherever you want. Rabbit Valley is fun and also Lands End Road up to West Bench trail would be fun on quads and there's tons of dense forest and wide open areas with many lakes and GREAT views (and a lot cooler temps than the desert). Hope that helps!

Thanks for the outstanding tips. I will be crackin out the google maps, the gps and picking a great spot. Will post a trip report after the fact with pics. Any other tips would be great if there are any. Really looking forward to the trip.!