Sign in to follow this  

just a few random questions i need answered

I got some money to spend on the DRZ finally after a year of having it. I ordered the JD jet kit for the stock carm not thinking about getting the FCR carb :) so if i got the FCR carb, can i used the same jet kit to jet it to the proper specs? or will i have to spend another $50 on a jet kit for that carb? I also plan on getting a better exhaust, the stock one makes it sounds like my old CRF100 :banghead: So if i do the re jet now, will i have to re jet again with the pipe? or should i just wait for the pipe to come to re jet? sorry if i confused you :banghead: jetting isn't really my thing

FCR uses different jets than the stock carb so your carb kit won't work. You won't need an entire jet kit for the FCR just a couple jets.

When you add an open exhaust you'll need to re-jet the carb.

The stock carb is made by mikuni and the fcr is made by keihin. Each carb has totally different jets. Depending on where you buy your fcr, they are generally jetted for an aftermarket pipe. I would personally save up and buy the carb and an mrd/ssw pipe at the same time for just under $1000. Thats probably the best way to go.

allright, well i already got the money, so i will just see about getting a re fund on the stock jet kit or something. Thanks

One other quick question, if i was looking for a used FCR what bikes would they come off?

There is lots of info here on TT. Some rather confusing.

You really only want to consider the TT FCR kit. Any other FCR adaptation can be very frustrating unless you come up with an OEM FCR in like new condition (rare).

The JD Jetting kit is a very good kit. Worth the $ for the gain. And it comes with enough extra jets to compensate for intake and exhaust changes you might do later on as long as you keep the same carb. If you are already committed to an performance pipe and FCR, then save the JD kit cost and just go that way but you are talking $1000+ vs under $100.

I may be interested in the JD kit (if it is for a DRZ400S) if you end up going the FCR route.

allright, well i already got the money, so i will just see about getting a re fund on the stock jet kit or something. Thanks

One other quick question, if i was looking for a used FCR what bikes would they come off?

I got my Fcr from a Yz400f-99. garage.php?do=viewattachment&attachmentid=73075

Figure out your elevation and go to the jetting forum to find out the correct jetting for the FCR with stock pipe. There are 3 jets in the FCR buy those. Do the 3x3, FCR and rejet and ride it like that until you save up the extra bux for the Pipe. You can check the jetting for the pipe setup at the same time and it will be pretty close. You may only need to buy 2 jets when you add the pipe.

I did my pipe and rejet with the Mikuni by buying someone's take off carb, came with the jet kit too for $50, That way I had a spare, Bought a handful of jets that i needed for Eddie's specs and never looked back.

IF I win the lottery, I will break down and get the FCR and proper jets.

You might be able to sell the remainder of the Jet kit on ebay or TT classifieds but you only use a couple pieces and most people know that. You could sell it with your take off.