Sign in to follow this  

ASV Clutch lever different cable location?

I have a 2008 Suzuki rmz250. I bought an asv shorty clutch lever awhile back. I've ran it on the bike for a couple races and stuff but I was never really thrilled with it.

The cable location/pull is slightly different than the oem location, so clutch adjustment was almost to the end on both the quick adjust, and main adjusting bolt. This worked out OK at first, but since then, clutch adjustments were needed, and I am unable to make any further adjustments.

The oem lever assembly, I just put back on, my cable adjustments will now allow many more adjustments. Plus, the quick adjust of the oem really is quick adjust, better setup than the ASV.

Have any of you had this similar situation? I really will miss the thought of not really breaking a lever, but the asv did not allow the needed cable adjustments.

For now, I will run the oem clamp slightly lose to prevent easy breaks. Any recommendations for the ASV?

I have the exact same issue on my 08 yz450f and I haven't had any replies on how to fix it either. The only thing I can think of is to make a 1/2 inch spacer out of some tubing and cut a slit into it to run the cable through and place that between the main adjuster on the perch and the end of the cable.

I've posted this before on here: CALL ASV! They will send you some "barrel extenders". I had this issue on one of my bikes and they sent them to me free, no questions asked!

• Like 1

willierides, I would like to thank you for your advice. I called asv and they sent me out some extenders without any questions like you said. I have been fighting this thing for 2 days now. Thanks a million.