Sign in to follow this  

RMX ignition on RM

so i am considering putting a lighting kit on my rm 250 and getting it plated for street use but I got a set of super moto wheels lined up so i guess it only makes sence:banana: the RMX stator with lighting coil should fit correct?? i just need enough light to pas DMV inpection and for the ocasionl night ride, would the stator work in my RM and if so will it affect my bikes performance? i heared the RMX had better low end but i believe thats due to the gearing correct?

Your '98 engine is a different platform than the RMX - the latter was based on the '89-'95 RM. Big changes took place in '96 (through '98) as they moved the water pump indoors and lengthened the cases.

It may work but unless you have them both apart, it is far from a for sure thing.

The RMX has different porting, a larger flywheel, amongst other minor things, which accounts for sleepier low-end response, though it is no slouch.

I would like the lowe end and i guess with a gnarly pipe and flywheel weight i could get close and i will need a lighting coil in the stator, who mase the best for the zukis i know baja designs dosn't make a kit for iether bike. and i hear moose sucks E line is a no go who elce makes them?

None are reliable, so I've read.

Here's what I suggest - if, and only if you have a power-jet carb: buy Steahly's lighting kit, as it plugs into the power jet's circuit.