CR250 Spacer?

i have a 2003 CR250R, and was wondering if there was suppose to be a spacer or plate between the reed cage and the engine? I bought the bike used, and it came w/ VF2's, and now i'm gonna put in VF3's, and was curious if there was a plate in it stock.

thanks

i have a 2003 CR250R, and was wondering if there was suppose to be a spacer or plate between the reed cage and the engine? I bought the bike used, and it came w/ VF2's, and now i'm gonna put in VF3's, and was curious if there was a plate in it stock.

thanks

The spacer is probably a Moose torq spacer...which is an add on, I run one it adds a little more down low.

There is no spacer. I have the v2's & was wondering if the v3's were an improved model. Can you give some feedback after some seat time ? Thanks in advance...

i was wondering the samething. but it'll be hard for me to give good feedback, cuz i'm getting a big bore kit and ported and polished.

The spacer is probably a Moose torq spacer...which is an add on, I run one it adds a little more down low.

is it a pain to install? cuz there is already so little room for me to get my carb in and out, i'm wondering if it's alot harder w/ the spacer.

is it a pain to install? cuz there is already so little room for me to get my carb in and out, i'm wondering if it's alot harder w/ the spacer.

very easy to install and yes you will loose some room which will add a little more difficulty to accessing the carb but it's still accessible.

When removing the carb I grab the boot from behind the frame rail and muscle it back and out of the way then I can pull the carb out and get at everything.

The spacer is cheap low end and IMHO well worth it.

very easy to install and yes you will loose some room which will add a little more difficulty to accessing the carb but it's still accessible.

When removing the carb I grab the boot from behind the frame rail and muscle it back and out of the way then I can pull the carb out and get at everything.

The spacer is cheap low end and IMHO well worth it.

cool, thanx man. cuz i'm lookin to get all the low end i can get.

totally off the subject, does any1 know what length of exhaust spring my bike takes? the parts fiche doesn't say a length, and i don't want to buy stock ones, cuz i figure that ones from motosport will be just as good and half the price. or if some1 even knows how they base how to measure them that would help.