Sign in to follow this  

Any problems with the 09

The only reason I am asking this is because when you look on the 09 CRF450 forum those boys got some major problems and they are in denial. I would be jacked if my new scooter had half of those problems. I own a 09 KX450F but won't be riding until early to mid April so I was wondering if you guys that have some hours on your bike if you ran into anything I should watch for.

Hi only problem i have had in 6hrs of rideing and racing is the seat keeps coming off the front but i haven't had a good look to see why. Other than that best bike i have ever ridden.

Hi only problem i have had in 6hrs of rideing and racing is the seat keeps coming off the front but i haven't had a good look to see why. Other than that best bike i have ever ridden.

Wow! That is strange:banghead:

First i ever heard of that seat thing, plus he is a first time poster :) but anyway i'm pretty sure his seat is just not on properly.

I only have 45 minutes on mine. The only problem I am having is healing up from my broken hip.

The bike was a blast. I can't wait to put more time on it. Maybe end of Apr.

I greesed all the bearings, tightened all the bolts and went racing. I did have a few things come loose, but the bike is great! The throttle response off idle is a little scary (at first). The bike starts in gear (when I fell down), not as good as electric start but better than my '03 YZ450.

Check the bolts, sit as far forward as you can and you'll have a great time.

Mint mint mint!!!!!! One prob tho this thing rips my arms off wow luv it!!!!!! oh ya and i wish i could get it to turn better in the second half of the corner!!! got about 15hrs on it mostly indoors!!!!

Only problem I've had is wiping the silly grin off my face every time I ride it. I'm also out till about mid April after knee surgery.

I had a problem with the stock shift lever, but think it’s cause I’m wearing size 13 tech8’s. I hit netural a couple of times. I never had this problem on other bikes, but from some reason the ergonomics on this bike were getting me with the shifter. Easy fix, I switched to a hammerhead (sized for my boot) and haven’t had any problems.

Yea the shifter sticks out way too far. I took a hac saw to it, cut off half the barrel. Works a lot better now.

Also have a problem with the clutch. It engages at the very end of the lever. Barely touch the lever and it releases..I dont like it. I have brought this up already in another post but no one else seems to have the problem or they dont care. I ordered a thicker steel clutch plate to try to remedy the problem. Dont have the part in yet.

now this is my 2nd post i must be able to put a seat on now ? First noticed it after a trail ride then after every race on dirt track it was off the front and the middle hold points. Havent had a look since. Only thing i can put it down to is i sit to much and the bike accelerates to hard.

22hrs on new 09 and not one issue. Change oil, filter occasionally and just ride. Well if I had one issue it would be that the rims scratch easy when changing tires....hello sharpie.