Sign in to follow this  

470 Big bore

Been thinking bout what to do next for my DRZ, im its looking more and more like a Anthena 470cc Bigbore kit....

Anyone using one? is it worth it?

Whats the damage to the bottom end? how many hours am i going to get from the bigends?

I think the big question is, will it turn my DRZ into the throttle happy beast i've wanted it to be since i bought it lol!

your opinions, please!

Wasn't there a 470 BB that someone used to make that had major head gasket failure rates?

Not sure if there is even enough meat in the barrel to bore that big. I know most that have tried to make a 500 with a stroker and bore failed. Even if someone were to make a barrel thick enough, the head coolant and oil passages would have to be moved. A lotta bucks for only a little more bang.

No such thing as a 470 big bore. There is a stroker crank combined with a big bore barrel that nets at a 470 though. This setup is very durable.

Definalty seen a 470 sleeve kit for sale.... But yeah, i can see whats bein said....

What about the 440 kits, i've seen alot of these for sale, are they worth the cash? I'd fit the parts myself, so its only the initial outlay i've got to worry about.

yeah, i was looking at the plated barrels... Just outta curiosity, whats to stop me sending my barrel off to get bored and nikosill plated to 92 - 94mm and getting a piston and rings plus gubbings to fit?

Yeah that works, would have to be a UK company though! I'll have a hunt around. Thanks for the help!

Didn't Thumper Racing used to make a 470 kit or something similar to that? I think it's what he was saying had a lot of failures as I remember it being pretty bad.

As for the big bore unless you need a spare cylinder I'd go with either M/T or Lukes Racing and then you just send your cylinder in as a core. I went with Lukes Racing as it was a bit cheaper.

Then if you want to add a stroker or not that's up to you. I didn't but I wish I had now and don't want to take it all back apart to add it.