Sign in to follow this  

401x race report

We went right down the middle of the course were its marked on a box stock 450 xcf ktm , and it took us 453.40 hopefully they give us back our race bike and well see ya at the 500, thanks to everyone especially those nice enough to give us gas while we pre ran ,

Baja, Score, really tough places to race! Sal decided the night before the race to allow the dry lake bed to be used during the race, keep in mind, no-one had a chance to ride this during the week unless they were looking for a "creative" line. I heard there were guys out running this area at 11:00 at night??? Sal has really earned his reputation with the racers. Unfortunately, there a lot of teams, big race factory teams, that seek out and practice cheat lines and score turns their back each time?? We had a meeting early in the race after we were shown some cheat lines that for safety and the spirit of competition we would run right down the course. It's well marked with very few "line choices" despite what has bee said.

Our new guy, Brian Sweaney, had a great start. Put nearly a minute on the 400 bike when we changed riders at 46.5. Campbell go on the bike and had a good rip until he looked west and saw riders on the dry lake be 1/2 mile away making huge time. Our fault, as we did not go to the meeting the night before. Brian puts his head down but is still over a minute behind the 400x bike at RM93. Bill Cotton picks up the bike and runs hard to RM122. At that point he is only about 30 seconds behind. Baja pits slams some gas in the tank and Cochran takes off after the 400x bike. Fence-line whooped out nasty road. I could see I was gaining quickly on their rider who started out about 1/2 mile ahead. About 3 miles into my section I got by him a gear up in the whoops. I have to say, the KTM was super smooth and hooked up great. After I passed him, I charge really hard through the rest of the whoop section to put some time between us as I knew they were running with 5 riders, as we only had 4 and I had a 70 mile nasty section. I had no issues and ran pretty smooth. When I dropped the bike off again to Cotton at 190 we had about 12 minutes on those boys. Cotton ran a short section, then dropped it bacj to Campbell at 193. Brian did a nice job maintaining our lead and saving the bike. Then was then back to Sweaney who brought it into the finish as 5th overall bike.

We've been at this for a couple of years, Just some riding buddies who love to rip and ride baja, but, until now, we and have had it handed to us by the 400x guys recently at the 1000. It's on now, and that is what it's about!!

Great job boys... definitely a big upset in class 40. Looking forward to the competition in the 500 and 1000.

uuuuuuuuuhhh how many years did they waste money on you at collage , no really all that time south and you too can distroy the english language

We've been at this for a couple of years, Just some riding buddies who love to rip and ride baja, but, until now, we and have had it handed to us by the 400x guys recently at the 1000
Is that you Pete?

I've been saying (mostly to Chilly) for over a year that you wankers could pull this off if you just got more serious. Congrats!!!

Well, knowing you guys I'm sure you were not taking this race serious, but your great performance goes to show some of these perceived unbeatable top teams with big $$ are beatable!

Good job!

Baja, Score, really tough places to race! Sal decided the night before the race to allow the dry lake bed to be used during the race, keep in mind, no-one had a chance to ride this during the week unless they were looking for a "creative" line. I heard there were guys out running this area at 11:00 at night??? Sal has really earned his reputation with the racers. Unfortunately, there a lot of teams, big race factory teams, that seek out and practice cheat lines and score turns their back each time?? We had a meeting early in the race after we were shown some cheat lines that for safety and the spirit of competition we would run right down the course. It's well marked with very few "line choices" despite what has bee said.

Our new guy, Brian Sweaney, had a great start. Put nearly a minute on the 400 bike when we changed riders at 46.5. Campbell go on the bike and had a good rip until he looked west and saw riders on the dry lake be 1/2 mile away making huge time. Our fault, as we did not go to the meeting the night before. Brian puts his head down but is still over a minute behind the 400x bike at RM93. Bill Cotton picks up the bike and runs hard to RM122. At that point he is only about 30 seconds behind. Baja pits slams some gas in the tank and Cochran takes off after the 400x bike. Fence-line whooped out nasty road. I could see I was gaining quickly on their rider who started out about 1/2 mile ahead. About 3 miles into my section I got by him a gear up in the whoops. I have to say, the KTM was super smooth and hooked up great. After I passed him, I charge really hard through the rest of the whoop section to put some time between us as I knew they were running with 5 riders, as we only had 4 and I had a 70 mile nasty section. I had no issues and ran pretty smooth. When I dropped the bike off again to Cotton at 190 we had about 12 minutes on those boys. Cotton ran a short section, then dropped it bacj to Campbell at 193. Brian did a nice job maintaining our lead and saving the bike. Then was then back to Sweaney who brought it into the finish as 5th overall bike.

We've been at this for a couple of years, Just some riding buddies who love to rip and ride baja, but, until now, we and have had it handed to us by the 400x guys recently at the 1000. It's on now, and that is what it's about!!

I thought Brian Sweeny was on the 300x :)

That 40s class may have been a close one if the 400x replacement rider hadn't given up a buch of time getting lost somewhere around Matomi. :banghead:

So, I see Andy is back and hasn't changed one little bit.

Strange enough, there are two guys named Brian Sweany, each riding on a different team. I am not sure if the spelling is the same for both.

Good job guys. Of course it is great to go down and have lots of fun racing with a bunch of beer drinking buddies, but that "W" (for winnner) sure is nice. I guess you guys will have to get a little more serious now, then people can REALLY start talking smack about you.

So, I see Andy is back and hasn't changed one little bit.

:)

Yeah, I figured I'd get flamed for that one...

SCORE racers named Ron Wilson - 3

SCORE racers named Brian Sweany - 2

SCORE racers named Rick Johnson - 2

SCORE racers named Gabe Williams - 1-1/2

whos talking ??? its Brian Sweaney from bako ,not the others from rcrest ,and even if were talking it its mostly or own to each other , and arent you the daddy to the one we took home ? and if you wanna talk it bring it cause i guarantee im way funnier than you could ever imagine

There's gotta be some posts that were deleted and being replied to 'cause this just don't make a lick o' sense! :)

whos talking ??? its Brian Sweaney from bako ,not the others from rcrest ,and even if were talking it its mostly or own to each other , and arent you the daddy to the one we took home ? and if you wanna talk it bring it cause i guarantee im way funnier than you could ever imagine

Wow! I'm still stumped.

Is kind of like saying my sister is also my aunt?

You forgot Brett Helm's team and Brett Helms' team, both from SD