Sign in to follow this  

ttr125l with 85cc suspension???

Who on here has a ttr 125 with yz85 forks ar any cartiridge forks for that matter? How hard is it to make this change?? Do you need all new triple clamps etc? Pics would be helpful thanks :)

Who on here has a ttr 125 with yz85 forks ar any cartiridge forks for that matter? How hard is it to make this change?? Do you need all new triple clamps etc? Pics would be helpful thanks :)

Yeah, I've got a 2003 TTR with 2001 YZ80 forks... It's no big deal to swap at all, but you do need the triple clamps from the YZ. There's plenty more detail on here than I can type here, if you find a thread on this topic by "Chickenhead", that's what I used to get through it...very helpful. I'll try to load a pic of my bike. Good luck.

DSCN0748.jpg

Sorry for the off-topic post.

slagburn666 is the pipe on that YZ Powder Coater? Do you have any other pics of it? From the last pic the pipe looks real cool and I would like to get a better look at it.

Sorry for the off-topic post.

slagburn666 is the pipe on that YZ Powder Coater? Do you have any other pics of it? From the last pic the pipe looks real cool and I would like to get a better look at it.

I painted it. First primed it with duplicolor grey engine ceramic primer(de1612). Then painted it with duplicolor engine ceramic paint. ( ford dark blue number de1606) Also did the silencer and masked off the pro circuit plate on the pipe as you can now see. A lot of taping, lol I've been out a couple of times with it. The paint seems to be holding well. Hope this helps!!! :thumbsup: ( the pic with the cr,ttr,and yz was after its either 2nd or 3rd time out since paint)

100_1231.jpg

• Like 1

Thats definitely the first time I've seen a pipe painted. :thumbsup: That's farken sweet. :usa: Gas for you my friend

anyone have a source/which stiffness springs I would need after installing YZ 80 forks on my ttr 125? (i weigh 132 but ride somewhat aggressivly)