Sign in to follow this  

04 rm 250 project

So today I started ripping the graphics off the bike because they were beat and dirty. I think it looks better now, it's still a work in progress but I'm not sure If i want to do to much cosmetically until after this summer. the 1200 looks like it was well spent on the purchase. Took it out for a rip where it was dry and this thing loves to lift the front wheel!!!

Before:

newpig.jpeg

After:

newpignostick.jpeg

good find, i love my 04.

hopefully ill get to ride this weekend :/

Those graphics were protecting your plastics. I didn't replace my stock graphics after they wore off because I chose to replace the top end, all the bearings, reeds, and service the suspension. My plastics look like crap now. Your bike does look cleaner now its just going to be hard to keep it looking like that.

I love my 04 rm250. The thing rips, just stay on top of your rings and piston. Seems like my suzuki has a tendancy to go through them quicker than other bikes I've had.

yea i know they protect the plastic, but I am going to do all black plastic with a custom graphics kit, I didnt really have to take these off but I was bored and wanted to work on the bike cause it was super nice in CT today. These will just be my spare set eventually

There you go practice set. What kind of pipe is that fmf? The bike has some really cool aftermarket parts. For $1200 the brp triple, gold rims, wave rotors, and exhaust is an amazing deal. Just because I'm paranoid I would say something needs to be serviced because the guy sold it so cheap.

I tore my linkage bearings down, and checked the suspension fluid when I bought mine for $2000. Some of the bearings were rusted up, and the swing arm bolt was seized. Also, the fluids were low and junked. I would check the bike over really well while you still have time. A new sleeve, or wallowed out linkage really suck. Believe me the 6 hours you get to ride before something grenades won't be worth it. I know. :/

engine mods:

fmf fatty pipe

fmf power core 2 silencer

v-force reeds

Wiseco piston

HOT internals/crank

Suspension/Brakes/wheels:

REP front and rear suspension setup for 190 lb rider

waved rotors front/rear

carbone brake pads

Excel wheels gold

Bars/controls:

pro taper cr high bars

tag metals black triple clamp

cycra MX hand guards

Misc:

works connection radiator braces

one ind. gripper seat

powdercoated black frame

it was missing a few rear spokes, needs new o rings in the exhaust (leaks where pipe connects to silencer), I'm gonna eventually replace all bearings, the top end was just done, thing starts 1st kick everytime. needs a new rear tire, other than that thing is very sound. I still cant believe i got it for that cheap. The guy i bought it from owns his own parts store, and just bought a 250f because he didnt like the 2 stroke. His garage had 2 four wheelers the 250f, and a wr 426..he said he had to many machines. I just got really lucky