Gas Gas EC 300 09 Basic Suspension Settings

Hi guys,

Can someone help me with the basic suspension settings on my new EC 300 09. I tried with the user manual but is a little confusing so I would appreciate some help.

For example in the user manual says:

"Shock absorber extension adjustment

To adjust, turn by hand the extension adjuster in the lower part of

the shock absorber until a “CLICK” is heard.

Total number of adjustments possible is: 40 "CLICKS".

Rebound adjustment standard measures:25 “CLICKS”."

My EC 300 does not have 40 CLICKS in the rear shock................it has near 30 CLICKS......so what is the standard setting???

fork: sachs boge 48

rear: sachs boge

Thanxx

Hi guys,

Can someone help me with the basic suspension settings on my new EC 300 09. I tried with the user manual but is a little confusing so I would appreciate some help.

For example in the user manual says:

"Shock absorber extension adjustment

To adjust, turn by hand the extension adjuster in the lower part of

the shock absorber until a “CLICK” is heard.

Rebound adjustment standard measures:25 “CLICKS”."

Turn the adjuster clockwise till it gently seats then counterclockwise 25 clicks, its just like a water facuet right turn to close left turn to open. if the rear end packs open the valve a few more clicks

You are asking for the correct settings.. :banghead: I would have thought clicker settings will be different for each rider how they ride... This can only be obtained by trial and error going through it yourself.. Get out there and get a feel for what the bike is doing and learn how to adjust them ?

There are tuitions on what clicker does what and how it effects the handling, so search and read.. That's the only way to learn...

I Can Undestand What U Are Saying And I Agree With You. The Thing Is That When U Only Have One Day Per Week To Ride With Your Mates And Have Fun There Isnt Much Time For Setting. This Where I Think Standard Setting Would Help.

And Also Why This Is Happening Only With Gas Gas, Are The Standard Settings A Secret??

Hi, I have a gg250 '08 model and I found the main agent very help full in giving me advise in setting up my bike. Why don't you give them a ring? Anyway, I carry a screw driver with me when I go riding and can fine tune my bike depending on the type of course I ride.

Thanks,

Giannis

I Can Undestand What U Are Saying And I Agree With You. The Thing Is That When U Only Have One Day Per Week To Ride With Your Mates And Have Fun There Isnt Much Time For Setting. This Where I Think Standard Setting Would Help.

And Also Why This Is Happening Only With Gas Gas, Are The Standard Settings A Secret??

Not a "secret", but only a starting point...why don't you try the advice from 'JRDoz', and set your clickers in the middle of the range- IF the valving was 'perfect', for you, this 'middle point' setting would be the ideal setting, but you will likely find more satisfaction, through 'trial and error', at some different point. Arbitrary, 'hard' numbers from an OEM are really only a 'suggested' setting, ...as started above. I realize it's frustrating to have to do all the 'trial and error' testing (as you stated, time IS limited!), but try a setting, and maybe during the 'ride with mates', try a quick change...see if you like it or not?? This really won't stop you from having any fun ? , and you will start to learn what works best FOR YOU (not a 'standard' which magically fits everyone!); From what I read on the 'net, the forks seem to have some very stiff Compression valving...you may want to consider opening the C adjuster ALL the way, if you find that your initial ride confirms it 'too stiff'. Cheers! :banghead:

I Know How To Put The Settings. The Problem Is That I Dont Have Them. Has Anyone Tried To Mail Gas Gas In Spain And Ask About Standard Settings? I Think This Is What I Will Do Next

If you dont have them then what was it you posted in your op? If thats right out of the manual and it says 25 clicks is standard then 25 clicks is the factory setting!

Anyhow, Thank U All Guys For Your Advices, I Think I Will Go The Long Way With The Suspension Settings (that Is What Most Of U Suggested).

Just For The Record, I Mailed Gas Gas Asking For Standard Settings.......i Do Not Know If They Will Reply, If They Do I Will Let U Know

YES BUT WHEN THEY SAY:

THEN U EXPECT 40 CLICKS NOT 30

Does'nt matter what the total number of clicks is,what matters is the number of clicks from the fully closed position.As I explained its like a water fuacet one quarter turn open from full closed will yield X ammount of flow, in your case that amount is reached @ 25 clicks counterclockwise from fully closed.Thats your baseline setting.?

• Like 1

Snaisidis, I found the following settings in Motocross Digital Magazine for the 2009 models, these are as follows:

Forks: compression 8 clicks out, rebound 15 clicks out

Shock: 6 clicks out hi speed comp, 11 clicks low speed, 18 clicks rebound.

Hope this helps.

Snaisidis, I found the following settings in Motocross Digital Magazine for the 2009 models, these are as follows:

Forks: compression 8 clicks out, rebound 15 clicks out

Shock: 6 clicks out hi speed comp, 11 clicks low speed, 18 clicks rebound.

Hope this helps.

THE SETTINGS REFER TO THE RACING MODEL OR THA STANDARD ONE

I always turn my settings all the way out and add 10~ back in for the first 1-3 hours for break in and typically run it in another 10+ prior to a race and go from there. Spend the time and find a good suspension shop - WELL worth the time!

Don't forget to reset your sag after an hour.