Sign in to follow this  

weird noise on my 05 i need some help

I started up my 05 rmz450 about two days ago after about a month and a half of sitting in the garage.I let i warm up.. once warmed up i reved the motor up a little and i heard a weird noise coming from the motor, but only when i reved it, it sounded like there was something grinding in there.I pulled the top end that same night and evrything looks good(valves,piston,timing chain,timing chain tensionadjuster,cylinder,etc) i have also checked the carb out and theres nothing wrong with it.. This bike has about 140hrs i got it when it had about 15-20hrs on it.Ive never had any problems with it until now ive always maintained it properly motor is all stock.... i know it could be my bottom end if so would it just be the bearings to the crank???..or is there any other reasons the motor would make this noise??

Has anyone had this problem with their 05??any help would be appreciated

thanks

My 07 is still pretty fresh and always has sound gravely in neutral. Something beyond the normal? Knocking sound?

that raspy sound was pretty odd to me n it wasnt doing it while idling it only did it when reved.. no knocking sound

Have u tried pulling in the clutch to see if it still does it? Could it be the clutch spinning?

If your bottom end is going out the usual way, the bottom of the crank rod will start grinding itself to bits, and you will get lots of steel shavings in your oil filter.

These motors are pretty noisy. After letting the bike sit for a while, not everything will be covered in oil, so warm up the bike carefully after it's been sitting for a while, then ride the pi$$ out of it once it's nice and warm.