Sign in to follow this  

wheelie

So ive been wondering

i grew up on lots of different smaller bikes like yz 85 and klx110 and stuff like that

this is my first real big powerful bike

i have been master at wheelies but now on this big bike, how do i do it?

i know that i have to either really hit the throttle or pop clutch. but can u guys explain to me a learing process.

you can't drag your feet. You need to learn to use the rear brake.

If your goign backwards tap it. I personally don't care for high speed shifting wheelies that happens racing all the time.

Its more fun to try 1st gear balance wheelies to me. When you can go forever and wheelies are way harder on dirt then street.

How many sets of plastics did you go through practicing wheelies like that? I'm too cheap to want to practice that one and I hate dropping my bike over.

Just practice man. Get it up to the balance point an get the rear break mastered an you'll be just as good as the guy above. I can wheelie my bike around corners now but i can't get it straight up. I learned by compressing the forks an poppin the clutch. I don't need to do that anymore i've mastered it now. Like i said just keep practicing its a really easy bike to wheelie. :)

Thanks everyone! So for Learning, should I put it in second and hit the throttle hard to pull it up or should I pop the clutch to learn re ballence

Thanks everyone! So for Learning, should I put it in second and hit the throttle hard to pull it up or should I pop the clutch to learn re ballence

If your popping it up without the clutch, i can do it in first gear. Its easy. Just go slower then crack the throttle but be ready to shit too. You can do that in any gear really. If your clutchig it up, get in second. Sometimes first is better, depends on the combo of clutch an gas. Just mess with it, you'll catch on real quick. :)

for me the best way to do those slow long wheelies is to rev her a little then pop the clutch but not from a standstill be rolling forward really slowly and at first just rev it a tiny bit then a little bit more each time to learn how much it takes to get it in the balance point keep that foot on the back brake and once u get her up there play with the back brake and throttle as needed

How many sets of plastics did you go through practicing wheelies like that? I'm too cheap to want to practice that one and I hate dropping my bike over.

Believe it or not i haven't broken one.:) Break control is the key. Once you get the break down you can do infinite wheelies standing or siting.

I was in the pit one time, and i thought i was in 1st, when really i was in 3rd gear and i raised the rpms to leave to the track..again thinking i was in 1st, and popped a huge wheelie and luckily there werent any trucks or rvs around. I freaked out and didnt know how to stop so i just leaned over to my side and ate S#!T. :)

I do them in any gear and have never used the clutch in my life to wheelie. Just keep trying and see what works for you.