Sign in to follow this  

Holy carp

Oh my gosh, in the past half an hour it's come up about 8 more feet up the street!!! AND IT'S STILL POURING!!!

Our place is up a little hill so we're ok for now, but HOLY CARP-OLA!!!

where in cali are those pics taken?

I tried to be careful to buy flood-proof houses in cali, and was generally quite successful, although roads and houses near me flooded a few times.

Ok that was fun!!! It stopped for now, so I HAD to go drive my Pathfinder through the REALLY BIG puddle!!!

Then the old guy on the corner was freaking out! "SLOW DOWN!" I'm afraid I sped up to see if I could get water up over my roof! Hee hee! I did!

We're in Redding, but we have a creek running through our neighborhood and that's what's flooding right now. There is a low lying Senior Care center right by the creek. Looks like they're going to have some water damage.

(They are nowhere near my place. They're down the hill on a different street.)

Gotta plastic sled of some kind? Maybe you can get the bikes out and pull a couple 'wakeboards' behind you for some fun. :)

Ok that was fun!!! It stopped for now, so I HAD to go drive my Pathfinder through the REALLY BIG puddle!!!

Then the old guy on the corner was freaking out! "SLOW DOWN!" I'm afraid I sped up to see if I could get water up over my roof!

Sounds like fun, but wouldn't that create some wave action that might force water further into his house?

Sounds like fun, but wouldn't that create some wave action that might force water further into his house?

Naw, there's a bit of space between the water level the the peach places. But I'd be sweating it if rains some more. I think he was more concerned about safety. Although I could be wrong! Guess, I may have to apologize if I was wrong.

Dang, it just started raining again.

Seriously though, I've never seen our street flood up so bad.

Eh, the excitement over now! At least we got some rain....

WOW! I splashed a puddle in the 'burb the other day and got it to go over the hood - my daughter freaked out. I bet you had a blast! Hope your place stays dry and the others don't get too flooded. Like you said - be glad for the rain!

DRZ - The news is reporting some 25 year old guy on Pine St in Redding by the Safeway got sucked into a storm drain and drowned as his body was found about a mile away at the Cypress St bridge. Kind of ironic when you think about it as his body would have went right past the City TAJ Ma Hall.

No flooding at my house but I did have a mini land slide in my back yard about 10 yards of dirt slide down about 4ft. I'm in Shasta Lake.

I think you need to pull a Travis Pastrana and put a floating ramp in the middle of the street.

Ha! THAT woulda been cool! Somebody went yard kayaking. I should of did that! http://www.redding.com/photos/galleries/2009/mar/16/flooding-follows-hard-rain/10656/

http://www.redding.com/photos/galleries/2009/mar/16/flooding-follows-hard-rain/10657/

I guess some people down on the end of the street did get flooded out. Maybe I shouldn't have plowed into that puddle so hard.:):banghead:

We're FLOODING!!!

DSC00435.jpg

DSC00432.jpg

Well....there is a bright side to all that water.............:)

You're not too likely to have a forest fire this year!!!:banghead:

We had that last week. Luckily it's too early here for mosquitos because that's what comes next! Want to talk literally, "holy carp", during one flood a friend had those ugly things trapped in her yard and they started spawning! Eww!

Yeah, everything is fine now. It stopping raining shortly after I finished with my last post and everything drained away fairly quickly. We haven't had quite that much rain in one sitting in a very long time.

Well....there is a bright side to all that water.............:)

You're not too likely to have a forest fire this year!!!:banghead:

In wet years, there's fire hysteria in cali because the rain makes so much more brush and vegetations grow.

In dry years, there's fire hysteria in cali because the vegetation is so dry.

I think there is just fire hysteria in cali no matter what.