so this masterlink....

how the heck do i take it off?

everyone else says just some tool or some shit, but i just watched a video of a guy snapping it off with a flat head driver...

how the heck do u take it off... is there any pictures? videos? or anything i can see how to do this?????

One end of the clip will have a small gap in it. Take a flat tip screwdriver and put up against the gap and pop the screw driver with the palm of your hand. It just snaps off. If you have a new chain to install, take a look at the clip in your hand so you can see how it just slides off with a little quick pressure.

Flat head screwdriver here too. I put the tip flat against the open end and push till it snaps over the pin, then the tip on the inside of the closed end and rap the handle end with your hand. It'll pop right off.?

Just make sure when you put it back on you point the closed end in the direction of the chain travel. Otherwise it'll pop off just as easy while your riding it.

...but once you get the clip off, you will need a chain breaker to get the sideplate off and a chain press to get the sideplate back on (at least with most chains these days, as the plates are all press fit, even the master.

I've never, ever used a chain breaker. Might make the job a little easier, but not a necessity.

alright thank you all for helpin me here..

i ended up goin with a fat flathead pushing it, off and it snapped apart very easily, i cleaned it all up and discovered its an o ring chain.. been lubing it this whole time.. but o well cant hurt

so the 100% closed end should be facing toward the direction of the chain travel right?

alright thank you all for helpin me here..

i ended up goin with a fat flathead pushing it, off and it snapped apart very easily, i cleaned it all up and discovered its an o ring chain.. been lubing it this whole time.. but o well cant hurt

so the 100% closed end should be facing toward the direction of the chain travel right?

Yup. Keeps it from catching on something and coming off while your riding.